Adam Gray...

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Please don't start threads with names, makes me think he transferred.

Taking his talents to State Farm? Will he have to sit out a year?

Good thread though, I needed this reminder of a great sponsor. I'm needing quotes for Home Owners and Car Insurance right now, so I'll drop him a message.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
That thread title though. I thought maybe he had switched to Hawkeye Nation, got arrested with a hooker, or met his maker. Glad it's just a difference of opinions on quarterbacks who played at different times on different teams with different competition.

To loyal members of the Brady cult (aka Patriot fans) saying Marino is better than the glorious Tommy is worse.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Brady's wife seems pretty cray-cray, not sure how she balances out on the HIMYM hot/crazy scale. His baby mama seems attractive and talented.

Marino's wife stayed with him through a very public affair and is aging.

Guessing Brady wins there.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Brady plays in a time where it's much easier to throw the ball. Marino was a dominate passer with no help in a time where it was difficult to pass. Marino would have every record of he played now and with the talent the Patriots have.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
For the record, they both suck compared to Gray's favorite:

tumblr_mp1le8Cf361rg2jlno2_400.gif

#nflquarterbackclub2000
#madeit

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That thread title though. I thought maybe he had switched to Hawkeye Nation, got arrested with a hooker, or met his maker. Glad it's just a difference of opinions on quarterbacks who played at different times on different teams with different competition.

...and different rules and different offensive situations and and and.

One thing is for sure: all indications are they both have plenty of ****** ness.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Can we just have a forum called "Names only in subject line"?

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
Whew. I was terrified when I saw this thread title. I thought I did something wrong, only to read the OP and realize that I was right! :spinny:

FACTS:

Brady is a cheater
Patriots are cheaters
It's a lot easier to be an NFL QB nowadays. They aren't allowed to get hit. Their WR's can't get hit over the middle. You can't touch a WR 5 yards off the LOS. Every rule favors the QB and offense. If Marino played in todays era he would throw for 6,500 yards.

In 1984 Dan Marino threw 48 TD's. That's similar to throwing 70 TD's in todays game. For comparison, that same year Montana, Simms, and Elway threw for 28, 22, and 18 TD's.

Matt Cassel is a poor QB. He went 10-5 when filling in for Brady after he hadn't started a game since he was in HS. Shows that Brady is a system QB. FYI Cassel is 24-39 as a starter since.

Ok....maybe those aren't all facts. But that's how I feel.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Whew. I was terrified when I saw this thread title. I thought I did something wrong, only to read the OP and realize that I was right! :spinny:

FACTS:

Brady is a cheater
Patriots are cheaters
It's a lot easier to be an NFL QB nowadays. They aren't allowed to get hit. Their WR's can't get hit over the middle. You can't touch a WR 5 yards off the LOS. Every rule favors the QB and offense. If Marino played in todays era he would throw for 6,500 yards.

In 1984 Dan Marino threw 48 TD's. That's similar to throwing 70 TD's in todays game. For comparison, that same year Montana, Simms, and Elway threw for 28, 22, and 18 TD's.

Matt Cassel is a poor QB. He went 10-5 when filling in for Brady after he hadn't started a game since he was in HS. Shows that Brady is a system QB. FYI Cassel is 24-39 as a starter since.

Ok....maybe those aren't all facts. But that's how I feel.

Proof of life.:yes: What a relief!

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I was a Dan Marino freak growing up and I'm also a Brady fan. My take - Marino was the better QB, maybe the best ever. Just played on ****** team after ****** team. Tried to force things a lot of years due to no help. Brady is in a totally different boat.
What help has Tom Brady had? He has an All Pro TE and Randy Moss at the end of his tailspin of a career. Everyone else would do nothing on any other team(Deon Branch anyone). You act like Brady has had a great cast. He hasn't and he has done more with it than Marino ever would. Brady peaks in the playoffs. Marino withers. The debate wouldn't even be had but there are so many inferiority complex football fans that want to tear down what Brady does its just pathetic. Gray is one of them and comes off as a compete idiot in all the podcasts. Brady always come up and Gray screams cheater until I have to shut it off. He makes Deace sound like a genius.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Favre is the best I ever saw. GOAT!
Best at sending **** picks I guess. Glad you didn't let me down with your cheater diatribe. You seem to have serious Napolean syndrome when it comes to Brady. You shouldn't carry the Cyclone inferiority complex into every aspect your life. It's not a healthy outlook.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
I am going off topic sort of. But the fact that we have a debate about TB and DM and which is better. Ends the debate about TB and PM. Manning is better no ifs ands or buts.

I would love to see Marino in today's NFL, with his quick release, he would be virtually unstoppable. TB is a top 10 QB, but he is at the back end of that top 10, Marino flirts with being top 5.

Tazzels

Aug 22, 2006
'72 Winnebago
Marino was the better high school, college, professional, and arcade game quarterback.

Brady would not have accomplished what Marino did on those Dolphin teams. Just my opinion.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Taking his talents to State Farm? Will he have to sit out a year?

Good thread though, I needed this reminder of a great sponsor. I'm needing quotes for Home Owners and Car Insurance right now, so I'll drop him a message.

I thought he gave that up to work for CF full-time?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron