Alert: A site note regarding chats and the DSM Register

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Good day Fanatics. I just wanted to give you all a heads up that starting this Thursday at 12:30, I will be doing one chat a week on the Des Moines Register's website. Immediately following that chat, it will be posted on our front page.

I realize that many of you might be wondering why I would chat for the Register when I do it on CF regularly. The Register contacted me about doing this weeks ago in order to beef up their coverage of Iowa State heading into the football season.

My theory is that this will do a few things things.

- It will bring new eyeballs to CF, which in the end, helps our advertisers. Keeping our advertisers happy is extremely important to me and their support helps us make this the best site it can possibly be.

- This is a good thing for Iowa State athletics in my opinion. With all of the talk of the budding Iowa-Nebraska rivalry and what not, I believe that getting as much Iowa State stuff out there as possible is a good thing.

- Note that in no way, shape or form does this make me a DSM Register staff member. I am an employee/part-owner of CF doing one piece of content for the Register's site a week in order to promote our website. It is a lot like what I do on KXNO with the various shows I work with on that station.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
Good thing for ISU and CF. Any way to improve ISU coverage on the Register is a good thing.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I hoe this doesn't distract you from providing quality coupons.

This might actually enhance his coupon giving ability. Since the register has coupons and all.

And yes, it is great that the register is finally trying to equalize their coverage of the state schools.

guacamole7

Feb 4, 2010
Good day Fanatics. I just wanted to give you all a heads up that starting this Thursday at 12:30, I will be doing one chat a week on the Des Moines Register's website. Immediately following that chat, it will be posted on our front page.

I realize that many of you might be wondering why I would chat for the Register when I do it on CF regularly. The Register contacted me about doing this weeks ago in order to beef up their coverage of Iowa State heading into the football season.

My theory is that this will do a few things things.

- It will bring new eyeballs to CF, which in the end, helps our advertisers. Keeping our advertisers happy is extremely important to me and their support helps us make this the best site it can possibly be.

- This is a good thing for Iowa State athletics in my opinion. With all of the talk of the budding Iowa-Nebraska rivalry and what not, I believe that getting as much Iowa State stuff out there as possible is a good thing.

- Note that in no way, shape or form does this make me a DSM Register staff member. I am an employee/part-owner of CF doing one piece of content for the Register's site a week in order to promote our website. It is a lot like what I do on KXNO with the various shows I work with on that station.

I didn't realize you were a KXNO staff member.

isugcs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 21, 2007
Waverly
Can't wait to read it, good job Chris. What does the AD think about these kinds of ventures? Do they have to be 'OKed'?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron