A&M Wins their spring game - 27-13

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Another bit of interesting info on this...until not long ago...their '06/'07 record actually reflected a win for the spring game - giving them 10. Someone must have noticed and corrected it back to 9.

Classic...

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Facts be know, it is an Aggie Tradition that they have never lost any games.

They just ran out of time, or did not score enought yet.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
They are certainly not EIU. They have tradition that is reality, not just in their own delusions, like EIU.

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO
Facts be know, it is an Aggie Tradition that they have never lost any games.

They just ran out of time, or did not score enought yet.
Man, they were going to need a WHOLE lot more time to finish off the win in that 42-14 butt-kicking that the Clones laid on them a couple of years ago in College Station. :rolleyes5cz:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Man, they were going to need a WHOLE lot more time to finish off the win in that 42-14 butt-kicking that the Clones laid on them a couple of years ago in College Station. :rolleyes5cz:

Todd Blythe was just absolutely crazy in that game. A couple hundred yards, 4 TD's and one of 'em a full-fledged one-handed catch.

Take note, Gene. This is what Todd can do for you when not used as a decoy.

I thought for sure we'd lose that game in typical Cyclone fashion after we took an early lead then let some schmuck Aggie running back tear off a long TD run on us. But alas, we marched on - as if we were not the Cyclones that day.

We were, the Iowa State Blythe's. :)

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Todd Blythe was just absolutely crazy in that game. A couple hundred yards, 4 TD's and one of 'em a full-fledged one-handed catch.

Take note, Gene. This is what Todd can do for you when not used as a decoy.

I thought for sure we'd lose that game in typical Cyclone fashion after we took an early lead then let some schmuck Aggie running back tear off a long TD run on us. But alas, we marched on - as if we were not the Cyclones that day.

We were, the Iowa State Blythe's. :)

Scary thought... was that the last "good" game ISU played? I cannot remember any since then. Maybe later that year vs colorado. But the aTm game seems to me as the last big game we won.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Scary thought... was that the last "good" game ISU played? I cannot remember any since then. Maybe later that year vs colorado. But the aTm game seems to me as the last big game we won.

Colorado was definitely much bigger, IMO. A lot was on the line that game. Not that it wasn't vs. A&M, yet it was more "final" vs. CU. Plus, we had a lot of adversity to overcome in that CU game - and we actually did it for once. I will never, ever forget seeing Curvey take that ball into the south endzone and the comments after that he watched himself and the defenders on the digitron. Chills.

Too bad we returned to the Cyclones of old vs. Kansas the next game. Ick.

I agree though - A&M and CU were the last big wins for ISU. Not that it was that far away, but not having a big win for a full year does suck.

BvK1126

Apr 12, 2007
Denver, CO
I think it may have been the best game ISU has ever played. Everything clicked for the Clones that day, and they showed what they were capable of when they played well, were well-prepared, and had a good game plan. I hope Chizik can get that same kind of effort out of the team on a consistent basis. If so, things in Ames should be a lot of fun during football season.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
My son and I were on A&Ms campus the week after the game. We were on the tour, going up to the staddium. It was us and about 30 Texans. Guide asks where you all from. All say TX or surrounding state. I simply reply DSM Guide asks, anywere near Ames? I simply yes, and I am an ISU grad. Silence, but then hospitality was restored. They were gracious even after that whipping. They have classy fans. If you have ever been on that field looking up, you will know what it had to have meant to those players to do what they did that day.

Those on the Aggies boards still see this victory as a dark day.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I think it may have been the best game ISU has ever played. Everything clicked for the Clones that day, and they showed what they were capable of when they played well, were well-prepared, and had a good game plan. I hope Chizik can get that same kind of effort out of the team on a consistent basis. If so, things in Ames should be a lot of fun during football season.

I agree. Even after that long TD run by Lewis, we didn't even flinch, and kept the foot on the gas and the chains around the neck. That was seriously the only time I have seen us play completely aggressively, regardless of the score, we didn't let up at all. Hell, even Stevie had some 125 rushing yards! I realize that A&M's defense was swiss cheese that year, but that game was like some fabulous "Through the Looking Glass" type of experience. It was unreal. It was like we were not ISU at all...but we were playing the ISU we all wanted to see!

The KU game, THAT was the real ISU (or at least the real McCarney-led ISU).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron