50,000 retweets if we want the Busch Light guy

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Reading through the thread I find it funny that some of the posters that are hating on this have used the line "I bet you're a blast to party with" when mocking another poster.

• Funny
Reactions: Primetime26

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I’m not ashamed to admit I like stuff that actually tastes good, but I can 100% with certainty say I’ve never had a sea breeze. Not from embarrassment. More because I’ve just never thought to order one.

But, because I don’t hate myself, I also don’t drink stuff that tastes like **** just because it’s “manly” to do so.

And Guinness tastes like ****.
Gwynneth Paltrow drank a half pint of Guinness regularly when she was pregnant. Oh, crap. Did I just admit to knowing that.

I don't mind the taste of Guiness but my problem with it is that it fills you up too much and you can't have more than two beers.

Last edited:

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Guinness is actually one of my favorites, if its on a Nitro Tap like its supposed to be.

But its not something I want to take a cooler full somewhere on a hot summer day, its more of have a couple with dinner on occasion type of beer.

• Agree
Reactions: Carlisle Clone

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
Gwynneth Paltrow drank a half pint of Guinness regularly when she was pregnant. Oh, crap. Did I just admit to knowing that.

I don't mind the taste of Guiness but my problem with it is that it fills you up too much and you can't have more than two beers.

Not sure you want to take any sort of advice from her...

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Guinness is actually one of my favorites, if its on a Nitro Tap like its supposed to be.

But its not something I want to take a cooler full somewhere on a hot summer day, its more of have a couple with dinner on occasion type of beer.

Guinness is actually a lighter beer than Budweiser, Miller High Life and Coors Banquet. It is only 125 calories per 12 ounces, just slightly higher than a Bud Light.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I don't hate it but it's not that great. I would 100% order it and drink as much of it as I possibly could in a Dublin pub though! Maybe it's better over there, idk.
Supposedly the shipping process degrades quality.

I'll take a cream ale or pub ale over a stout any day though.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Supposedly the shipping process degrades quality.

I think it has to be pasteurized to ship it overseas. Guinness served in Europe is fresh and not pasteurized. Also, most european tap rooms know how and have the proper equipment to pour a proper Guinness, which makes a huge difference.

• Agree
Reactions: CtownCyclone

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Reading through the thread I find it funny that some of the posters that are hating on this have used the line "I bet you're a blast to party with" when mocking another poster.
Nothing says party like discussing the intricacies of the flavor profile of the latest craft brew you've tried that no ones heard or cares about.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I think it has to be pasteurized to ship it overseas. Guinness served in Europe is fresh and not pasteurized. Also, most european tap rooms know how and have the proper equipment to pour a proper Guinness, which makes a huge difference.
Would make sense. European milk is only heated to around 160 F but we require it heated to 180 F if my memory serves me. Supposedly that 20 degrees makes a huge difference in quality. Dairy is beyond amazing over there from what I've heard.

Is Guinness a nitro beer?

• Friendly
Reactions: ISUCHIEF

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I AM INSANE.
You're welcome