49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

ABW

Jan 22, 2023
Maryland
The most recent (January 14) 49ers Talk with Matt Maiocco has a nice interview with Brock.

Reactions: Pizzapitter

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Ok, now it's one of my 2 favorite teams (Packers and Eagles) against my adopted team with favorite player (Purdy, 49ers). Win and lose regardless of outcome.

barometriclow

Jan 31, 2009
Ankeny
As I’ve mentioned before, Peacock had a Black Friday deal, 12 months for $24.99, I think. That’s why I have it.

And when KWWL froze up last night on YTTV, I was able to turn to Peacock for the Lions-Rams game. You know what happened then? No commercials. Just a screen promoting Peacock shows with some music playing, for every commercial break. That was actually a plus.
How will you decide who to vote for without commercials?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
How will you decide who to vote for without commercials?

Living in a state that has almost no political commercials and barely watching tv other than sports, it is f’ing wild/depressing when I get a taste of what you guys go through from seeing it on a cyclone game here or there, or the times I come back during a caucus season. It’s probably WORSE than you realize from being desensitized.

I don’t like ranch dressing but that lady a few years ago who just wanted ranch dressing but the presidential candidate was getting in the way is the state spirit animal.

Pizzapitter

sopsycho
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2020
I'm worried about the Pack, namely Love. He's not the same qb that started the season. His turn-around, beginning with game 11, is astounding. ONE interception since.
Not gonna dig into the #'s (qbr ratings, etc....) but I'm sure he's numero uno, post game 11, by a healthy-wide margin.
Come on D!

Reactions: Clonedoc and NWICY

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Brock got his revenge earlier this year when the 9ers destroyed Philly. They basically broke the Eagles.
Totally correct. Eagles were never the same after that game. And man were eagles fans running their mouths even after that game. Just assuming there would be a rematch in Philly.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I'm worried about the Pack, namely Love. He's not the same qb that started the season. His turn-around, beginning with game 11, is astounding. ONE interception since.
Not gonna dig into the #'s (qbr ratings, etc....) but I'm sure he's numero uno, post game 11, by a healthy-wide margin.
Come on D!
As a Pack man, I have to eat crow and admit he’s played 100x better down the stretch than I thought he was ever capable of. Despite the youth and situations, he’s doing far above expectations this early in the rebuild. If you watch him, he’s doing the smart things like Purdy. Neither have the most talent on the field, but they’re patient, keep going through their progressions, and take what the D gives them.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Article on Chubba Purdy committing to San Jose State. His ACTUAL first name is "Preston". Didn't know that (maybe I am the last one to know, but I always wondered).

• Informative
Reactions: Spam and NWICY

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
As a Pack man, I have to eat crow and admit he’s played 100x better down the stretch than I thought he was ever capable of. Despite the youth and situations, he’s doing far above expectations this early in the rebuild. If you watch him, he’s doing the smart things like Purdy. Neither have the most talent on the field, but they’re patient, keep going through their progressions, and take what the D gives them.
So you like the Packers and the Eagles?

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
To be honest that doesn’t tell me much. I’d hope it would be the most watched stream game of all time, it was a freakin playoff game. What was the other exclusively streamed NFL game?

How does that compare to the other playoff game ratings? How does it compare to what they were expecting? How many subscribers did they get? Remember they paid $110M for the rights to that game. They needed a **** ton of revenue to get a return.
If 85% of the 23 million who watched were new subscribers and canceled after the game, they might have broke even. Of course, they know about half of them will keep it for a month or two, which is probably worth another $70 million a month in cash to Peacock.

Get used to it. This is going to be a thing now.

• Agree

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
So you like the Packers and the Eagles?
Yep, I know people give me **** for the teams I love and that I have 2 faves. My first love was Philly as the first non ISU team I ever watched, followed, and had apparel for back in the early 90s. Beyond them, I’m usually more a fan of a player than a team but after a long string of favorites players being on the Pack roster going back 20 or so years, they’ve become a close 2nd.