49ers - Brock Purdy - Still and Always #1

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
He's not treating Purdy; as an expert in the field he was asked to give his expert opinion on the situation and based on what is known about Purdy's injury as well as his expertise what are the expected timelines.
How can a DR give an EXPERT opinion when he knows little about the actual situation beyond what he has read or heard on ESPN. He is giving his Diagnosis and Treatment plan in his Expertise when all he knows about the actual injury is what a reporter has written on ESPN or said on Sports Center. He has no actual knowledge of the details.

That is my point. He has not seen Purdy, He has not seen his scans. He has no Idea the severity, or any details of his actual injury, beyond guessing what he thinks it could be from his experience.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
How can a DR give an EXPERT opinion when he knows little about the actual situation beyond what he has read or heard on ESPN. He is giving his Diagnosis and Treatment plan in his Expertise when all he knows about the actual injury is what a reporter has written on ESPN or said on Sports Center. He has no actual knowledge of the details.

That is my point. He has not seen Purdy, He has not seen his scans. He has no Idea the severity, or any details of his actual injury, beyond guessing what he thinks it could be from his experience.

Because Dan Patrick asked for his opinion? Not rocket science.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

It's a professional opinion by an orthopedic surgeon, you don't have to agree with it if you don't want, it's not something to get upset about.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Because Dan Patrick asked for his opinion? Not rocket science.

It's a professional opinion by an orthopedic surgeon, you don't have to agree with it if you don't want, it's not something to get upset about.
My point is all these Drs come out with their expert Opinion. But why dont we listen to what Purdy and the 49ers say their drs are saying?

Because we seem to not want to take what they say, even though they have seen him and seen the scans but want to listen to someone that hasnt.

I have heard everything from He wont need surgery, to he will, to he wont need full reconstruction to he will, to because it is football its only aprx 6 months recovery. to this guy saying he has to have TJ with at least a year to recover. Even though several other say that is only for Baseball players that football players TJ surgery is much less, more like 6-8 months.

My point is all these Monday morning QB Drs. are the same for all these injuries we see, most have an opinion, but opinions are like ********, we all have one. Sure they might know about TJ surgery, they might know about typical injury, but they havent seen the patient so they have no idea what he needs and if it is a typical injury etc.

So they are guessing just as much as anyone.

Its not that I am upset, its just why should we listen to this guy instead of the Drs Brock is actually seeing?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
My point is all these Drs come out with their expert Opinion. But why dont we listen to what Purdy and the 49ers say their drs are saying?

Because we seem to not want to take what they say, even though they have seen him and seen the scans but want to listen to someone that hasnt.

I have heard everything from He wont need surgery, to he will, to he wont need full reconstruction to he will, to because it is football its only aprx 6 months recovery. to this guy saying he has to have TJ with at least a year to recover. Even though several other say that is only for Baseball players that football players TJ surgery is much less, more like 6-8 months.

My point is all these Monday morning QB Drs. are the same for all these injuries we see, most have an opinion, but opinions are like ********, we all have one. Sure they might know about TJ surgery, they might know about typical injury, but they havent seen the patient so they have no idea what he needs and if it is a typical injury etc.

Its not that I am upset, its just why should we listen to this guy instead of the Drs Brock is actually seeing?
I don't disagree with any of this, read, or listen to any and all opinions you want, or none if that's what you prefer. You certainly don't have to listen to or believe this guy in particular.

Reactions: 2speedy1

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Because these Dr's get paid to go on shows like this and give their opinion not to mention it gives them exposure.

If someone wanted to pay me to come on and give my opinion about taxes or something accounting I'd do it for the $ too.

Reactions: cysmiley

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

Because you're not going to hear from the doctors Brock is actually seeing due to medical privacy laws. Which is why people like Dan Patrick are going to talk to well-respected experts to speculate what's going on and what will happen. Of course they aren't going to specifically know what's going on, but they can make extremely well educated guesses because they're experts in the field. Nor are they diagnosing Brock's treatment like you initially posted. They're giving an opinion - not a diagnosis.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Because you're not going to hear from the doctors Brock is actually seeing due to medical privacy laws. Which is why people like Dan Patrick are going to talk to well-respected experts to speculate what's going on and what will happen. Of course they aren't going to specifically know what's going on, but they can make extremely well educated guesses because they're experts in the field. Nor are they diagnosing Brock's treatment like you initially posted. They're giving an opinion - not a diagnosis.
But what we are able to hear is Brock and The 49ers tell us what his Drs are saying.....no not straight from the Drs but they have come out and told us what the prognosis from their Drs is.

ghyland7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2012
I saw a report after the final yearly press conference for shanahan- it sounds like they're pretty optimistic that it will just be the repair surgery, rather than the full tommy john replacement surgery.

The estimation for recovery time is 6 months- from what I could find, he can throw a ball after maybe 3-ish months, 6 months is the timeline for really getting strength back.

If that is correct, he should be ready for training camp. It sucks that he'll miss some offseason work, but it's not quite as bad is it could have been.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I’ll call out anyone for being a POS…. okay?

Anyone that calls Brock Purdy basically a p*ssy for not playing football while injured, and then not apologize for it, is a POS. Got it?
K

Just thought you might wanna channel your hate somewhere else. It's going to destroy you.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
K

Just thought you might wanna channel your hate somewhere else. It's going to destroy you.

Please don’t make me channel it towards you…. I’ve always liked you!

Reggie deserves it a lot more than you.

And ‘hate’ is not really how I feel towards Reggie anyway. He’s a POS, but I don’t want anything bad to happen to him at all, or anything like that.

• Friendly
Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Please don’t make me channel it towards you…. I’ve always liked you!

Reggie deserves it a lot more than you.

And ‘hate’ is not really how I feel towards Reggie anyway. He’s a POS, but I don’t want anything bad to happen to him at all, or anything like that.
Some anxiety issues lately for me. That's part of it. I'm a bit edgy.

Reggie Bush deserves the criticsm he's getting. I just think some people pile on. We all need to show kindness at times, even when maybe not deserved. Hopefully he will realize his mistake. Peace.

Reactions: clonedude

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
K

I also wonder why Reggie is nice to Breece, but not Brock?

Or why he thought Lamar Jackson shouldn’t play through injury, but Brock should?

Very interesting? But I’m sure he’s a great guy that shouldn’t be criticized, right?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Some anxiety issues lately for me. That's part of it. I'm a bit edgy.

Reggie Bush deserves the criticsm he's getting. I just think some people pile on. We all need to show kindness at times, even when maybe not deserved. Hopefully he will realize his mistake. Peace.

I do agree with you completely that I need to relax and not take everything so seriously though…. it isn’t good for my health.

• Friendly
Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Or why he thought Lamar Jackson shouldn’t play through injury, but Brock should?

Very interesting? But I’m sure he’s a great guy that shouldn’t be criticized, right?
I didn't say he didn't open himself wide there, with Brock, and then seemingly play favorites, with others.

I'm just saying, try to find the good in people. It's still out there.

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
I didn't say he didn't open himself wide there, with Brock, and then seemingly play favorites, with others.

I'm just saying, try to find the good in people. It's still out there.
Glad you and dude were able to work things out...:cool:

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

You don't have to wonder why.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

Help Support Us

Become a patron