4-23-20 Big Board Update: Adding two names for Iowa State

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I have a feeling as well that the NCAA will announce all transfers immediately eligible but won't announce it until closer to the season. I don't think they want to create another huge possible round of transfers late so they will wait.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Some of you aren't going to like this take but IMO CSP only swinging for the fences tells me that JP has given him a much longer leash than what our fan base thinks.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
This^^^
If you take Buggs and Flowers this weekend it could end the options of T. Harris and Jalen Coleman-Lands.
Assuming the staff feels both Harris and Coleman-Lands help them more short and long term (which I agree) and they are confident in their position then they need to wait.

Further, if Prohm is feeling a hot seat job-wise, his mindset is likely on stroking doubles, triples or homers vs the singles in previous years. Go get them Steve!

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Until proven otherwise, this has been a reality bad spring for the staff. Lots of negative recruiting against us for the obvious reasons (this has been verified). The staff is quite honestly striking out on their top targets.

Not being able to get kids on campus has made this spring a hell of a lot harder than the "negative recruiting" that is supposedly taking place.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Some of you aren't going to like this take but IMO CSP only swinging for the fences tells me that JP has given him a much longer leash than what our fan base thinks.

I can also see the opposite though too. Prohm could be feeling pressure to win and is only looking to bring in difference makers. I think if Prohm knew he had wiggle room, he'd be up for taking warm bodies to fill the roster or at least take a chance on some lower rated players while the incoming fr develop. To me, only going after big fish says Prohm feels like he NEEDS to win now.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

I'm thinking the exact opposite actually. Being mediocre isn't good enough and be knows it

Reactions: heitclone

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I'm not sure you guys actually read what I wrote about Buggs. I said it's a new situation and that it could change very quickly ... he doesn't have an offer yet but to stay tuned. Some of you guys are acting like the staff told him to F off

Just trying to picture Prohm telling anyone to F off made me laugh. I think he would spontaneously combust if he told someone that.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
I'm not sure you guys actually read what I wrote about Buggs. I said it's a new situation and that it could change very quickly ... he doesn't have an offer yet but to stay tuned. Some of you guys are acting like the staff told him to F off
Have you not noticed the Cyclone Fan Civil War is still going on? Anything that can be taken somewhat negative about Prohm people are running with lol.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Not being able to get kids on campus has made this spring a hell of a lot harder than the "negative recruiting" that is supposedly taking place.
For Iowa State, yes it has. For schools that didn't just lose 20 times, not so much. You dont have to believe me on the negative recruiting front, but it's 100% happening.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

I see the opposite. I see a guy that knows he needs to win now, and knows that he needs difference makers to accomplish that.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
They might as well swing for the fences.
Just picking up a first down when you're down seven with 0:30 left is not enough.
To continue mixing my sports metaphors.

Holding the ball to long, looking for the big play, can also get you sacked.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I can also see the opposite though too. Prohm could be feeling pressure to win and is only looking to bring in difference makers. I think if Prohm knew he had wiggle room, he'd be up for taking warm bodies to fill the roster or at least take a chance on some lower rated players while the incoming fr develop. To me, only going after big fish says Prohm feels like he NEEDS to win now.

I'm thinking the exact opposite actually. Being mediocre isn't good enough and be knows it

I don't disagree with that take either, I'm more so basing my opinion off of where I think JP and CSP's relationship is. In other words I really don't think CSP's seat is crazy warm going into this season. Do I think it should be? Absolutely but I think this whole Covid situation bought CSP another year.

Reactions: heitclone

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny

that just goes to show you how big of an impact the Iowa state campus is on recruiting

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
My wishlist:
1. Kier
2. Brown
3. Harris
4. Bank one
If we miss on one or two of the three above
5. Coleman Lands
6. Buggs

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Holding the ball to long, looking for the big play, can also get you sacked.

When both a sack and a modest gain get you the same outcome... the L... you probably hold the ball with your eyes downfield a little longer than normal.