2024 Transfer Portal Tracker (Wrestling)

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Interesting. Are highly touted non-starters at this point like Naak getting full rides via NIL?

Everybody probably agrees that multi-year guys are preferable.
Not sure. I am just guessing/assuming that guys like Casey, Ech, Chittum are. Maybe Frost wasn't this year, but probably would be next year

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
Interesting. Are highly touted non-starters at this point like Naak getting full rides via NIL?

Everybody probably agrees that multi-year guys are preferable.
Dresser has publicly stated that he plans to use nil to get at least two guys at each weight on the equivalent of a full ride. I'd be shocked if Naak wasn't on a full ride package.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Dresser has publicly stated that he plans to use nil to get at least two guys at each weight on the equivalent of a full ride. I'd be shocked if Naak wasn't on a full ride package.
Since you have partial schollys, I believe you can have other scholarships used for wrestlers also. So that would help there.

If you are going to go this route, the logical approach is to NIL the in-state guys or ones with other scholarships sitting out there, then give the 9.9 to out of state guys.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Since you have partial schollys, I believe you can have other scholarships used for wrestlers also. So that would help there.

If you are going to go this route, the logical approach is to NIL the in-state guys or ones with other scholarships sitting out there, then give the 9.9 to out of state guys.
That does make sense to use the out of state tuition instead of in state tuition.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That does make sense to use the out of state tuition instead of in state tuition.
Yep, NIL the cheaper ones and scholly the expensive ones. Take a page from Gable when he called every wrestler he had out of state so that Iowa kid who got a 1/4 scholarship was boosted to a half to 3/4 since he was called out of state.

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020

I could be wrong but I don't think it matters. The athletic department still needs to pay the university for the out of state tuition and the would have to come out of the wrestling program budget.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I could be wrong but I don't think it matters. The athletic department still needs to pay the university for the out of state tuition and the would have to come out of the wrestling program budget.
If they are NIL they would be a walk on so they would pay their own way.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Michigan (not sure who has Covid years)
Horwath at 125 Freshmen
Ragusin at 133 Senior
Cannon at 141 Senior
Gilcher at 149
Saldate at 157 Senior
Mantanona at 165 Freshman
Amine at 174 Senior
Bullock at 184 Senior