2024 Transfer Portal Tracker (Wrestling)

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Feel like we should have a dedicated thread for tracking entrants to the Transfer Portal and potential Iowa State targets. I saw Willie mention that Connor McGonagle from Lehigh is in the portal, but probably not a fit at Iowa State as I like our guys at 133-149

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Michigan is going to hound the portal again. They lose a ton.

Obviously Iowa is going to be tossing money around too to stay relevant and Okie St has some holes, so competition will be stiff.
So at the weights we'll be looking who are the schools we'll be fighting for commitments?

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Who’s PSU’s next 97 in line?
Just looked it up and they have Askren kid Mirasola coming in at that weight. He just beat Max Dean in freestyle this offseason, so he’s probably ready to start right away.

That said, I wouldn’t rule PSU out if the market for a 97. If they can get a 1 year fill in while Mirasola redshirts, they might do it.

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023
Feel like we should have a dedicated thread for tracking entrants to the Transfer Portal and potential Iowa State targets. I saw Willie mention that Connor McGonagle from Lehigh is in the portal, but probably not a fit at Iowa State as I like our guys at 133-149
Wouldn’t shock me if he goes to Iowa

Tigerguy_

Sep 26, 2020
thanks for posting this thread.

Reactions: stuclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Obviously Iowa is going to be tossing money around too to stay relevant and Okie St has some holes, so competition will be stiff.
Money talks but my god, it has to be a dream to recruit against Iowa. I don't know what the hell they tell kids (kids see results): Come to Iowa and get worse or plateau at best!

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Money talks but my god, it has to be a dream to recruit against Iowa. I don't know what the hell they tell kids (kids see results): Come to Iowa and get worse or plateau at best!
Sounds like a lot of kids love the Iowa State wrestling style too and like how much offense our guys generate. Iowa State will be a hot name for kids looking for new homes and hopefully that image helps when we can't compete against Michigan and Iowa in the NIL department

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

ISU fans to start another NIL fund. This one will actually fund some Iowa wrestlers. We gotta get some money to get the ferrari family to anchor down in Iowa city and eat that team alive from the inside. It is like handing a bazooka to a 5 year old inside a house. You know the whole darn thing will be blown up in a few minutes.

Cyclonewrestlingfan2022

May 30, 2023
Sounds like a lot of kids love the Iowa State wrestling style too and like how much offense our guys generate. Iowa State will be a hot name for kids looking for new homes and hopefully that image helps when we can't compete against Michigan and Iowa in the NIL department
100% agree! I love our style. Reminds me of the Dan Campbell first press conference for the lions.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron