***2024 Minnesota Vikings***

cyclones122

Oct 3, 2009
Arlington, VA
Expect Vikings to use the additional draft capital to move up to #5
I'm really hoping it's top 3. Giving up all that capital to move up and get the FOURTH rated QB in the draft seems like a reach. And I like McCarthy, but I don't think he's worth a top 5 pick (and all the other picks the Vikings have to trade to get to top 5).
Maybe I just have PTSD from the gigantic reach for Ponder, but I just fear the Vikings are making a move up out of desperation because Kwesi backed himself into a corner. And I also have no trust in him to get this right.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: Aclone and Acylum

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I'm really hoping it's top 3. Giving up all that capital to move up and get the FOURTH rated QB in the draft seems like a reach. And I like McCarthy, but I don't think he's worth a top 5 pick (and all the other picks the Vikings have to trade to get to top 5).
Maybe I just have PTSD from the gigantic reach for Ponder, but I just fear the Vikings are making a move up out of desperation because Kwesi backed himself into a corner. And I also have no trust in him to get this right.
Honestly unless it's McDaniel or Williams which they have no shot, I say wait to see what falls to you at the Texans pick you just acquired.

Maye just gives me a Trabisky vibe. Guy has not played that much. UNC is akin to USC lots of "great" QBs that don't translate in the NFL. Probably not fair, but dude does not have a lot of starts

There are probably 2 sure things at QB and rest are risks..

You need defensive talent.

Honestly after watching Brock perform and given their offensive weapons, a Nix or Penix would be just fine

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club

LOL at GM's of teams picking in the top 5-8 texting all the "insiders" now that the Vikings have more ammo to trade up... Good for them trying to extra as much value as they can.

AZ, LAC, NYG, ATL, Bears at 9, and NYJ are all not taking a QB. So of course their GM's want to float these rumors to see if a team will give them 3 first round pics to go get a QB in front of Minnesota.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Agree I hope for top 3; however, all top 3 teams are also looking for a QB. I just don't see Chicago, Washington, or New England willing to trade.

The other option is to stay put at 11. If the QB you like is still available, take him there. If not, the team still has plenty of needs especially on the OL. This may be a year where the Vikings kick the can down the road and try to land a top 5 pick next season

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Agree I hope for top 3; however, all top 3 teams are also looking for a QB. I just don't see Chicago, Washington, or New England willing to trade.

The other option is to stay put at 11. If the QB you like is still available, take him there. If not, the team still has plenty of needs especially on the OL. This may be a year where the Vikings kick the can down the road and try to land a top 5 pick next season
You will be able to grab Nix or Penix at some point.

Freaking Packers find QBs picking in 20s Vikings can do same

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
I think it's pretty clear we are going to give away a lot of draft capital for the #3 overall pick, draft either JJ or Maye. They will end up being a bust. We will get a compensatory pick for when Mullens signs somewhere else and it will end up being the last pick in the draft. The Vikings will select Rocco Becht with that pick and he will be our savior

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
It is such a crapshoot, and there are no guarantees.

Purdy made it to the 7th round.

The Vikes have two firsts, make the pick then.