2024 concerts

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
I am for sure going to take my daughter on Saturday night. I have instilled a deep love in her for Vampire Weekend, and I am pumped about Charley Crockett.

That's the day that appeals the most to me on a personal level, but it's (surpringly) the weakest day of the 3 as far as lineup congruency and peak popularity. Crockett is awesome but he tours routinely and is better caught at a real venue.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I’m very interested in day 3.

I'm trying to decide if I do the 3 day pass or just Sunday. I'd love to see Vampire Weekend and Hippocampus is awesome. But Hozier doesn't do much for me, and I don't know any Lizzy McAlpine. So I may just be in for Sunday.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
To each their own, I guess. Even if it's not your style, I don't think there's any denying he's incredibly talented. I'm looking forward to his show, among others.

No doubt, but there is no way the guy organically becomes this popular without tiktok.

At some point everyone needs their big break but the weirdness of the tiktok phenomena, The randomness with which certain songs or artists are picked up is crazy to me.

TV Girl is one good example. I've always liked their music but they are NOT a good live band or show. Tiktok blows them up and they start selling out venues 2-3 times bigger than they previous have had.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
There are some solid bands even further down the lineup. Josiah and the Bonnevilles and flipturn are really solid.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
One of the biggest things I miss about home is going to concerts.

OC - LA have great venues and no lack of shows.
Almost nightly it seemed.

Yeah. I'll take my vitamin D now and look at the snow....

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Not sure how many people are attending Hinterland but if you had to deal with the presale this morning, holy hell.

I love Hinterland, this lineup is a little underwhelming for me compared to years past, but they seem to be always having issues with something big. Their tiered pricing approach was awful, and the queue to get in was kicking people out left and right. They are getting railed on their instagram for it. Very frustrating experience.

CycloneEggie

Oct 28, 2011
Not sure how many people are attending Hinterland but if you had to deal with the presale this morning, holy hell.

I love Hinterland, this lineup is a little underwhelming for me compared to years past, but they seem to be always having issues with something big. Their tiered pricing approach was awful, and the queue to get in was kicking people out left and right. They are getting railed on their instagram for it. Very frustrating experience.

Yes. I got kicked out three times on two different devices. I did get 3 day GA tickets but it was at Tier 3 less then an hour after the pre-sale opened. It was a bad experience

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Yes. I got kicked out three times on two different devices. I did get 3 day GA tickets but it was at Tier 3 less then an hour after the pre-sale opened. It was a bad experience
It makes no sense to have a tiered pricing option to reward early buyers when I am waiting in the queue 20 minutes before they go on presale just to only have the option to buy the tier 3 for 50 bucks more than tier 1. What’s the point?

Hinterland has always been a blast for me, going since the first one, but each year it seems to get more expensive for more headache and crappy planning by them.

CycloneEggie

Oct 28, 2011
Big Head Todd & the Monsters are playing Red Rocks with the Wallflowers in June. Very tempted on that one with the really cool venue and two bands I really like.

Red Rocks is amazing. Saw BHT and Violent Femmes a couple years ago there. Was not a big fan of BHT, was more excited for the venue and Violent Femmes. Honestly BHT was a bit underwhelming to me, but they have quite a following especially in Colorado. Don't be surprised to see tickets go fast for them at Red Rocks.

I think its actually hard to get any tickets to Red Rocks, but maybe that's more weekend shows. We looked into Sarah McLachlan and only secondary market was available shortly after pre-sale, but the same tour had plenty of low cost options at Starlight in KC. Starlight is a great venue as well, but nothing is quite like Red Rocks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
Upcoming:
TOOL in Denver with Elder
Wheeler Walker at Val Air
Ari Shaffir
Tom Segura
Cake
Dave Matthews Band
Hinterland

This concert season is looking mighty pricey!

Last edited:

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Red Rocks is amazing. Saw BHT and Violent Femmes a couple years ago there. Was not a big fan of BHT, was more excited for the venue and Violent Femmes. Honestly BHT was a bit underwhelming to me, but they have quite a following especially in Colorado. Don't be surprised to see tickets go fast for them at Red Rocks.

I think its actually hard to get any tickets to Red Rocks, but maybe that's more weekend shows. We looked into Sarah McLachlan and only secondary market was available shortly after pre-sale, but the same tour had plenty of low cost options at Starlight in KC. Starlight is an great venue as well, but nothing is quite like Red Rocks.

Starlight is actually a better music venue with superior sound. Though I'm sure some RR fan boys will have a hard time admitting as much.

If you could only go to a venue once? RR should be at the top of the list as there isn't anything else like it. It's a great venue but having every show be a 7-8 hour ordeal gets old. Their calendar has also been subpar and AXS is getting almost impossible with the AXS bots that have came out in the last year.

CycloneEggie

Oct 28, 2011
Starlight is actually a better music venue with superior sound. Though I'm sure some RR fan boys will have a hard time admitting as much.

If you could only go to a venue once? RR should be at the top of the list as there isn't anything else like it. It's a great venue but having every show be a 7-8 hour ordeal gets old. Their calendar has also been subpar and AXS is getting almost impossible with the AXS bots that have came out in the last year.

I don't disagree. We have loved our concerts at Starlight, Living in Iowa so much easier to get to as well. Red Rocks was an experience I'm glad we did and I've looked at trying to go back, but yes it appears everything is secondary market. The BHT and VF concert got delayed a full year from 2021 so I think I lucked out snagging tickets about a year in advance.

If you are in the area you can do Yoga at Red Rocks during the summer on the weekends and even take a hike around the venue. Even Yoga at the Rocks tends to sell out and get into secondary markets, but my wife probably enjoyed that even more then the concert, and yes arriving hours early prior to the concert to even get a parking spot was key to Red Rocks, otherwise you get stuck in some lots that have a lot of stairs which are brutal for people not used to the altitude . I'm glad we got to do it and I'd love to do it again but logistically it is hard to make it work and get tickets at regular price.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I'm going the distance... to see Cake in CR.

I really should try to go see Tool somewhere. I am not much of a concert person at all, esp big ones. But Tool is one that is worth it to me. Saw them in CR ages ago at the 5.