2024 concerts

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Could be worse. I've been at the venue when they've ran out of beer before the headline act and generally avoid it as much as I can. Over the last 8 or so years I sold Florence and the Machine, Foo, and Jack White tickets because I hate it so much. Buzz Beach Balls (RIP) used to give me enough value to go but the only show I've been to there in the last 6 or so years was 311/Dirty Heads a few years ago. Ironically enough it was also my best experience (perfect day, great show, no BS).
I’ll report back after the show, hopefully it’s more like your last show there.

Reactions: ZRF

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
I’ll report back after the show, hopefully it’s more like your last show there.

If you've never been to Starlight Theatre take a look at their calendar (as it unfolds) and make a point to see a show there. When comparing the two, from aesthetics, to sound, to vendors, staff, etc. there's simply no comparison. That disparity helps create much of the disdain myself and many other locals have for that venue.

Hope you have a great experience and an awesome show though. I highly recommend checking out Knuckleheads if spending a few days here.

• Informative
Reactions: baller21

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Been waiting for these guys to come back to Iowa for awhile now. Got tickets this morning.

View attachment 121907

Both my husband and I have been Cake fans since far before we knew each other - I didn’t get tickets ordered yet, but this is one of those that is on the concert bucket list. Still have to get to Beck sometime.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Both my husband and I have been Cake fans since far before we knew each other - I didn’t get tickets ordered yet, but this is one of those that is on the concert bucket list. Still have to get to Beck sometime.
I may have to go to that one. I was just going to say that I saw them a few years ago in KC. Then I realized it was nearly 13 years ago.....

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Dear god my freshman in high school daughter may not survive Sunday. Noah Kahan and Mt. Joy?

That's a great lineup. Noah Kahan will be fun and I love Vampire Weekend and Hippocampus.

Reactions: Messi and Angie

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Dear god my freshman in high school daughter may not survive Sunday. Noah Kahan and Mt. Joy?

That's a great lineup. Noah Kahan will be fun and I love Vampire Weekend and Hippocampus.

Don't understand the love for Kahan in general. That kind of music puts me to sleep.

Hinterland is always one of the best run/booked festivals out there. Definitely one of the more cohesive lineups on an annual basis.

It's ridiculous Iowa has that and Kansas City can't even book regular shows right. What a disgrace.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

I am for sure going to take my daughter on Saturday night. I have instilled a deep love in her for Vampire Weekend, and I am pumped about Charley Crockett.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Don't understand the love for Kahan in general. That kind of music puts me to sleep.

Hinterland is always one of the best run/booked festivals out there. Definitely one of the more cohesive lineups on an annual basis.

It's ridiculous Iowa has that and Kansas City can't even book regular shows right. What a disgrace.

I heard Noah Kahan's show last year was solid. My daughter and her friends all love him, so it may just be a 14 year old gilr thing as well.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
I heard Noah Kahan's show last year was solid. My daughter and her friends all love him, so it may just be a 14 year old gilr thing as well.

It's the tiktok **** that blows everything up, regardless of how good something actually is.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
It's the tiktok **** that blows everything up, regardless of how good something actually is.

To each their own, I guess. Even if it's not your style, I don't think there's any denying he's incredibly talented. I'm looking forward to his show, among others.

Help Support Us

Become a patron