2024 concerts

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Waiting on some things to fall into place with a buddy but will definitely be seeing blink-182 again at some point this summer. Just a matter of figuring out which city.

Also, I REALLY would like to see the Foo Fighters when they are up in Minneapolis at Target Field this summer as well.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Tickets purchased for Grinders.

Smart.

I expect the Grinders show to sell out in advance. Lots of Grinders shows sold out last year, even if the venue has so-so sound and (now) the monstrous sound stage/tent in the middle of the crowd.

• Agree
Reactions: cyguy9320

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Thus far? I have LSD tickets for Red Rocks, and L'Imperatrice tickets for NYC though a trip to England/Europe in the spring may alter that plan. Waxahatchee just announced a tour (Uptown KC), Cake might be on my radar, and Living Colour at Knuckleheads next month is a sure thing. I'd also like to catch Yellow Days at one of his tour stops. Caroline Rose, who hasn't been back to KC since 2019 is finally coming back in April.

I'd like to do Adam Ant but that is contingent on him having horns, which he didn't have the last time I saw him. Hope the pairing with the (English) Beat makes that more of a likelihood (couldn't potentially use the same horn players for both shows).

I'm sure I'm missing some as always.

Reactions: baller21

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
Nice. We’ve got tics for Sessanta in Bonner Springs late April so we’re planning on spending a couple days exploring KC.

Heads up with that venue (if you've never been). It's the shittiest and trashiest venue in town. If looking to drink/party/and Uber it can be difficult as the setup and lot access can make it difficult for drivers to get in and out. It's also extremely isolated which can deter drivers from even wanting to work the area. I'd advise to have at least one person DD and drive to the lot. I'd park in the reserved/paved lot regardless of where your actual seats are located. IMO it's much easier get in/out of shows and a lot less mangy, especially if it's recently rained.

Sadly the venue is a straight cash cow for Mammoth, who has had a sweetheart deal with the city of Bonner Springs for quite some time. Increasingly they put every act they can out there as they (can) overcharge for parking, do nothing to upgrade the facility, and make tons of $$$$.

Livenation is talking about building a new amp in Parkville. I hate LN with a passion but Mammoth and the venue situation has gotten so bad the last few years it might be necessary.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Heads up with that venue (if you've never been). It's the shittiest and trashiest venue in town. If looking to drink/party/and Uber it can be difficult as the setup and lot access can make it difficult for drivers to get in and out. It's also extremely isolated which can deter drivers from even wanting to work the area. I'd advise to have at least one person DD and drive to the lot. I'd park in the reserved/paved lot regardless of where your actual seats are located. IMO it's much easier get in/out of shows and a lot less mangy, especially if it's recently rained.

Sadly the venue is a straight cash cow for Mammoth, who has had a sweetheart deal with the city of Bonner Springs for quite some time. Increasingly they put every act they can out there as they (can) overcharge for parking, do nothing to upgrade the facility, and make tons of $$$$.

Livenation is talking about building a new amp in Parkville. I hate LN with a passion but Mammoth and the venue situation has gotten so bad the last few years it might be necessary.
First time for us but we did opt for the vip parking/club passes so we’ll see how it goes.

Reactions: ZRF

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I really think the Tyson Events Center in Sioux City is a good place to see a show. Currently the only thing on the schedule is Journey. Hopefully they get some shows I want to see. I saw Judas Priest and Alice Cooper there in the last 2 years.
It's nice because there really isn't a bad seat as it's not real big.

Reactions: Cyismymonkey

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
Waiting for tickets to drop for Pearl Jam in Chicago around Labor Day.
Saw them for the first time this past September with a friend and now my wife wants to see them.

ZRF

Jan 3, 2015
First time for us but we did opt for the vip parking/club passes so we’ll see how it goes.

Could be worse. I've been at the venue when they've ran out of beer before the headline act and generally avoid it as much as I can. Over the last 8 or so years I sold Florence and the Machine, Foo, and Jack White tickets because I hate it so much. Buzz Beach Balls (RIP) used to give me enough value to go but the only show I've been to there in the last 6 or so years was 311/Dirty Heads a few years ago. Ironically enough it was also my best experience (perfect day, great show, no BS).

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron