2024-25 Roster/Rotation Additions

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I saw Williams had 20 rebounds in 59 minutes as a freshman at LSU. That seems like the perfect addition to our frontcourt.

Tanke appears to be exactly what BF looks for in a shooting guard. She seems to be good enough to push for the starting spot at the 2.

Wilson, being a pure PG may get limited minutes with Ryan returning but getting a year with one of the best to play the position should pay dividends to her future.

All in all they seem to be the exact additions needed to go along with the 7 returning rotational players.

Reactions: Acylum

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I saw Williams had 20 rebounds in 59 minutes as a freshman at LSU. That seems like the perfect addition to our frontcourt.

Tanke appears to be exactly what BF looks for in a shooting guard. She seems to be good enough to push for the starting spot at the 2.

Wilson, being a pure PG may get limited minutes with Ryan returning but getting a year with one of the best to play the position should pay dividends to her future.

All in all they seem to be the exact additions needed to go along with the 7 returning rotational players.
I would be pleasantly surprised if Tanke starts. Really hope she can provide consistent bench scorer.

Agree 100% that Crooks and Williams would make a nice post tandem.

I will be curious how Bristow's game grows during the off-season. Can she and Brown play the 2/3 spots.

Also feel Jackson might thrive at the 2, letting Ryan run the offense.

Reactions: DBQR4CY

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
I think it depends alot on who we lose/gain from the portal. As far as we know the only lock to return and start is Emily Ryan, barring an injury. I really hope everyone that is eligible return, but just being realistic.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I would be pleasantly surprised if Tanke starts. Really hope she can provide consistent bench scorer.

Agree 100% that Crooks and Williams would make a nice post tandem.

I will be curious how Bristow's game grows during the off-season. Can she and Brown play the 2/3 spots.

Also feel Jackson might thrive at the 2, letting Ryan run the offense.
I agree Jackson is the favorite to start at the two but elite shooter is a term that plays well in BFs system.

Williams is hopefully the enforcer four we badly need. Crooks is a pure scorer but she does come up short on other aspects you want from a post.

• Agree
Reactions: isucy86

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Williams is an unheralded/unranked recruit that had two rebounds in SEC play. I don't think anyone has any idea what kind of player she might be but there isn't much to think she's some sort of game changer unless she's a late bloomer (and she could be). Seems she would be bench support for Brown and Bristow.

Interesting that LSU and Mulkey called her a big lefthanded "guard" when LSU signed her.

“Alisa is a big guard who is a left-handed shooter with great size and versatility,” Coach Mulkey said. “One of the most impressive things about Alisa is her basketball IQ. That alone will allow her to be successful. Her basketball IQ coupled with her skills just means that she has a great upside with a tall ceiling for success.” - 247sports.com

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

I'd be surprised if we have the NIL money to keep up with LSU. I'm hoping to retain what we have and our recruits.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Williams is an unheralded/unranked recruit that had two rebounds in SEC play. I don't think anyone has any idea what kind of player she might be but there isn't much to think she's some sort of game changer unless she's a late bloomer (and she could be). Seems she would be bench support for Brown and Bristow.

Interesting that LSU and Mulkey called her a big lefthanded "guard" when LSU signed her.

“Alisa is a big guard who is a left-handed shooter with great size and versatility,” Coach Mulkey said. “One of the most impressive things about Alisa is her basketball IQ. That alone will allow her to be successful. Her basketball IQ coupled with her skills just means that she has a great upside with a tall ceiling for success.” - 247sports.com
She played 6 minutes in SEC play as a freshman on an oh by the way NC team. 2 RBs in 6 minutes or 20 in 59 minutes is exactly what we need. The fact she can shoot is a bonus and I'm sure a huge draw for Bill.

When looking at our team this is what I see. Crooks an absolute offensive force that will only get better when she asserts herself and pins defenders in the post. Currently she gets the RBs she's suppose to. She lacks the confidence to be a strong help defender. This isn't meant as a rip but my view of where she needs to go to be the dominant force i believe she can be in all aspects of the game.

Our guards and forwards scrap and a 6-2 Williams is going to give us a huge upgrade over Diew along side Brown and Bristow.

rosshm16

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 8, 2023
I didn't realize Williams was a transfer. Is she injured/redshirted? Why isn't she playing now?

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Williams is an unknown. Obviously has skills. Just hasn’t had an opportunity to show how it translates to the college game. Fortunately she doesn’t have to be the star.

Tanke can very definitely get considerable playing time. She is a high level three point shooter and could replace Belanger. I expect that we will see a lot of her next year.

Wilson is a hard nosed gamer. I don’t see her getting the minutes Tanke does, but she will def add needed depth at the 1.

Bristow is who I expect to show tremendous growth. She has already shown glimpses of what she's capable of. She is long and causes opponents problems on defense. If she develops her offensive game further she may be the next star.

A key for next year is the staff working with Natabou and her touch when shooting. If she can find some touch she will be 100% more effective.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Williams is an unknown. Obviously has skills. Just hasn’t had an opportunity to show how it translates to the college game. Fortunately she doesn’t have to be the star.

Tanke can very definitely get considerable playing time. She is a high level three point shooter and could replace Belanger. I expect that we will see a lot of her next year.

Wilson is a hard nosed gamer. I don’t see her getting the minutes Tanke does, but she will def add needed depth at the 1.

Bristow is who I expect to show tremendous growth. She has already shown glimpses of what she's capable of. She is long and causes opponents problems on defense. If she develops her offensive game further she may be the next star.

A key for next year is the staff working with Natabou and her touch when shooting. If she can find some touch she will be 100% more effective.
I thought Natabou was a one and done.

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
Nope. She technically just has a COVID year left, but I believe the team has been calling her a junior all season, implying that her using her extra year is a foregone conclusion.
I am assuming the fact that Notabou did not participate in senior day as an indication she was coming back, although that is not official. I am also considering the fact that Diew did participate in senior day as an indication she is not coming back.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

I think Crooks' all-around game needing to catch up with her scoring ability will be the big step forward we see.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I like watching how Williams relates to the team. She has increasingly seemed to be engaged and enjoying herself.

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
I'd be surprised if we have the NIL money to keep up with LSU. I'm hoping to retain what we have and our recruits.
I don't think NIL was a factor in Williams decision to transfer. I'm not worried about retaining our Women's Basketball players because of NIL. When players start getting paid like employees, I might start to worry.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Looks like next year's roster still has an open scholarship. What do you think they'd be looking for? Adding two HS guards, assume they'd be looking forward or possibly another post.

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
Is Audi’s new NIL deal an indication that she is not going into the portal?

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyeedy