NBA: ***2023-24 NBA season***

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Hindsight and whatever but I hate Minnesota letting Dallas dictate who covers Doncic there with the switch. At least if you don’t switch and he gets a 2 you’re tied.

Reactions: clone4life82

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Hindsight and whatever but I hate Minnesota letting Dallas dictate who covers Doncic there with the switch. At least if you don’t switch and he gets a 2 you’re tied.
Drives me nuts every year all season really

Reactions: Bigman38

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Doesn't look like it's Minnesota's time. Doncic and Irving are closers. They were close and they closed. Just like game 1.

Reactions: Texbudman

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Boy is Minny a dumb team…. and it kills me because they’re my favorite NBA team, but man they is stoopid.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I love Irving's game. But does he still think the earth is flat?

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
lol they just left Gobert on an island all alone against Doncic and were like figure it out, he did not figure it out. What a horrible defensive possession.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

I don't mind seeing that. Luka! He probably had some of the crowd wording him the whole game. He's a winner. Emotion of a big game.

If I were the MN fans, I wouldn't be bad-mouthing him.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Doncic confirmed it on the TNT postgame, when they saw Gobert come out he called for that screen and was surprised they didn't double him instead.

He was mr coach speak on everything else but that was the one thing they drug out of him that was worthwhile.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Minnesota doing Minnesota things. Can’t win when your two best players are playing poorly.

I’m still not sure how the officials didn’t call a foul on Dallas the play before leading to the winning shot. The official was a couple feet away looking directly at the play. It was a clear and obvious foul. But I digress. It’s Minnesota sports; as soon as you get your hopes up, they rip the soul out of you :)

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It’s amazing to me how some of these teams can’t even do the simplest of things.

How can you allow Dallas to get a one on one matchup between Doncic and Gobert? That’s just a simple play for Doncic…. he had to be drooling.

And then in the Pacers game one…. all they had to do was inbound the basketball and the game was over…. and they couldn’t even do that.

Just crazy. These coaches basically suck when it comes down to it.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
It’s amazing to me how some of these teams can’t even do the simplest of things.

How can you allow Dallas to get a one on one matchup between Doncic and Gobert? That’s just a simple play for Doncic…. he had to be drooling.

And then in the Pacers game one…. all they had to do was inbound the basketball and the game was over…. and they couldn’t even do that.

Just crazy. These coaches basically suck when it comes down to it.
In the NBA they can do such great things it's hard to play defense. People say they don't play defense but it's because of their level. Like you said a 23 ft step back 3 for the win is simple for doncic. Its hard to guard that, in hindsight not switching would of been better but then they're likely getting an easier shot in the paint.

I have no explanation for the Pacers play but that's much rarer and just a huge error

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Minnesota doing Minnesota things. Can’t win when your two best players are playing poorly.

I’m still not sure how the officials didn’t call a foul on Dallas the play before leading to the winning shot. The official was a couple feet away looking directly at the play. It was a clear and obvious foul. But I digress. It’s Minnesota sports; as soon as you get your hopes up, they rip the soul out of you :)

Started to think Wolves had exercised the Minnesota sports demons, but apparently the demons just said hold my beer. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Cyhig

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Started to think Wolves had exercised the Minnesota sports demons, but apparently the demons just said hold my beer. ;)

Minnesota sports are great at having a big moment to get you really wrapped in and believing (Minneapolis miracle, beating the defending champ nuggets etc) only to crap the bed immediately following that

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
In the NBA they can do such great things it's hard to play defense. People say they don't play defense but it's because of their level. Like you said a 23 ft step back 3 for the win is simple for doncic. Its hard to guard that, in hindsight not switching would of been better but then they're likely getting an easier shot in the paint.

I have no explanation for the Pacers play but that's much rarer and just a huge error

The game one pacers turnover with 10 seconds left the guy got shoved really hard with no call as he took the pass. It’s not like he just dropped the ball. Hali did have a legit turnover a few seconds earlier that was just a mistake vs good defense.

Reactions: GoHawks

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
The game one pacers turnover with 10 seconds left the guy got shoved really hard with no call as he took the pass. It’s not like he just dropped the ball. Hali did have a legit turnover a few seconds earlier that was just a mistake vs good defense.
I still think it's pacers ball if siakim doesn't go after it but it would of been debated. Possibly they call jump ball

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron