***2023-24 Mens College Basketball Thread***

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Remember when the college basketball world praised Oklahoma hiring Moser and mocked Iowa State for hiring TJ?
e45ca000-4a98-4a72-89d7-56ac9a4056aa_text.gif
I remember everyone thinking Porter was a really odd fit at OU. Definitely not universally praised by any means.

And, to be fair, TJ didn't light the world on fire at Vegas so it was fair for the national media to have some skepticism.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan and JP4CY

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Purdue at Ohio State on CBS today. I think I was talking about this last year how Ohio State got like 3 home games on CBS even though they weren't very good.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I remember everyone thinking Porter was a really odd fit at OU. Definitely not universally praised by any means.

And, to be fair, TJ didn't light the world on fire at Vegas so it was fair for the national media to have some skepticism.
I have the same sentiments of Moser.
In regards to TJ I think a lot of fans were more so upset at the hiring process of him vs the hire.

GoHawks

Jul 12, 2009
MVC is officially a one bid league. Why were so many thinking Indiana State was a team they don’t wanna face again?
It's all about if they're hitting. Shoot tons of 3s and space you out. They've gone a combined 15/63 last 2 games. If I was a 5 I wouldn't want them as a 12.

I'm still hoping if Drake wins out and loses final of MVC they can make it

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
MVC is officially a one bid league. Why were so many thinking Indiana State was a team they don’t wanna face again?
They've been without their best rebounder and defender, who also happens to shoot 40% from 3, for the last week with a concussion.

The at large is gone (they could survive the SIU loss but the Illinois State loss is a killer) but they're still going to be a horrible matchup for someone if they win Arch Madness.

Drake still has a shot but they've still got games at UNI and home against Bradley and a healthy, better Belmont.

• Informative
Reactions: GoHawks

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I'd imagine they also have contracts to air a certain number of Big 10 games in certain slots. Got to show something.

Ya and it’s like it’s Minnesota vs OSU. Purdue and Edy bring CBB eyeballs from all over the country as well and I’ve noticed a kind of quiet campaign to push Painter in to that kind of Coach K/Dean Smith kind of celebrity Coaching personality.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Watched Kentucky/Auburn game and I am very unimpressed! No discipline for either team on either end. How is Auburn,'s defense ranked as high as it is?
I'm meh on Auburn. I could pick UK to the championship game or have them getting bounced by a 14 seed in the first round. They'll be dangerous if they figure out how to play defense consistently.

I stumbled across Self waxing nostalgic about the old Big 8 days this morning. Those of us who lived through it know exactly what he's talking about and he's spot on.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
USF really hammering FAU so far.
Been up and down and VERY physical. Lots of pushing, elbows, etc.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron