***2023-24 College Football Thread***

May 7, 2020
We shall see. Like CW says to Hassel on the Iowa Everywhere podcasts. Enjoy this season (as ugly as the offense is) because we shall see how much fun it is when there are no more 10-win seasons, but at least we are playing a tougher schedule. As long as Kirk is head coach nothing is changing. So after Kirk maybe, but no change is coming until he’s gone.
You must be miserable then.

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Well, maybe, until the networks point out our lack of marquee teams. That part of the future likely ain't bright at all.
It’s already happening. Have already heard some in the national media refer to the future Big 12 sans OU and Texas as the “island of misfit toys” and the “CFP sacrificial lamb.” Can’t seem to stop slobbering all over the SEC and B1G. Personally I think in 5-10 years the SEC and the B1G will be in some sort of super league together like the AFC and NFC in the NFL, while everyone else is left playing against each other like the minor leagues.

cyfanbr

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2013
IL
It’s already happening. Have already heard some in the national media refer to the future Big 12 sans OU and Texas as the “island of misfit toys” and the “CFP sacrificial lamb.” Can’t seem to stop slobbering all over the SEC and B1G. Personally I think in 5-10 years the SEC and the B1G will be in some sort of super league together like the AFC and NFC in the NFL, while everyone else is left playing against each other like the minor leagues.
The thought of the majority of the big ten playing against most of the SEC schools is actually quite comical.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
The B1G ******* sucks. I get it, they have the eyeballs, but there are maybe 2, if even that, true contenders in that league. It’s a group of really ****** teams with huge alumni bases. The SEC would be morons to team with anyone from that league outside of tOSU, then maybe Michigan and PSU.

• Haha
  • Agree
Reactions: Acylum and 1776

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The B1G ******* sucks. I get it, they have the eyeballs, but there are maybe 2, if even that, true contenders in that league. It’s a group of really ****** teams with huge alumni bases. The SEC would be morons to team with anyone from that league outside of tOSU, then maybe Michigan and PSU.
Now do the Big 12.

Reactions: 1776

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron