2022 Field of Dreams

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Seems dumb to me. I'm sure he'd have similar answers from the dugout while waiting to bat.
Not sure I agree. It’s an interesting perspective. There is just so much going on for a 1st baseman though, and because of that, I don’t know if that position is such a good idea.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
That was awesome. Votto is a wiley vet, 1st is a position they can get away with it more, I thought it was really cool.
Interesting. You think 1st is more conducive to that? In my opinion, only pitcher and catcher would be worse.

I mean…still great perspective and cool, but almost any other position…

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Interesting. You think 1st is more conducive to that? In my opinion, only pitcher and catcher would be worse.

I mean…still great perspective and cool, but almost any other position…
First basemen are pretty well known for being talkers and having convos with runners at first. Less hot shots than at 3rd and they have less ground to cover than 2nd/SS. Turning double plays while being interviewed is not going to work.

Reactions: wxman1

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Out of all the positions I'd think 1st base is the least likely to have to deal with the ball coming off the bat.
Yeah its arguably the easiest position to field besides the occasional digging out a poor throw. Only lefties are going to hit hard stuff at first base for the most part.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron