2021 Stock Market

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Really? Why you say that? It’s been a trash stock for three years. Genuinely curious.
Did Bill care that people lost money because hedge funds shorted the stock?

Does Bill care that CEOs base decisions on what is best for the stock price instead of their employees?

Does Bill care that his buddies get insider information and make milllions on it?

Does Bill care that companies lie to investors and then declare BK while the C Suite stiffs collect milllions in bonuses?

Basically this GME is a big middle finget to Wall Street and I ******* love it

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Did Bill care that people lost money because hedge funds shorted the stock?

Does Bill care that CEOs base decisions on what is best for the stock price instead of their employees?

Does Bill care that his buddies get insider information and make milllions on it?

Does Bill care that companies lie to investors and then declare BK while the C Suite stiffs collect milllions in bonuses?

Basically this GME is a big middle finget to Wall Street and I ******* love it
Agree on all points here. Trying to see “expect” opinions on here

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
So when the stock market, or particular unproven stocks become a mechanism to make money consistently without much risk, get TFO

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
what this thread doesn't need to turn into is the constant pumping of stocktwits. Not everyone questioning a stock is some paid manipulator. One of the reasons I liked this thread is we kept it broad and generic.
Because everyone knows it's not actually a company valued at $300 per share so I'm not sure why he was questioning it in the first place. All it is is people banding together to **** over people that for years had made their living on ******* other people over.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Because everyone knows it's not actually a company valued at $300 per share so I'm not sure why he was questioning it in the first place. All it is is people banding together to **** over people that for years had made their living on ******* other people over.
It's occupy wall street but with real money (and good DD) instead of hobos in tents. They're trying to beat them at their own game. ****. The. Shorts.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
I would still sell first thing in the morning, if I owned any shares. There’s too much power that wants to tank the stock. If they halt it or suspend it your stop market order is useless.

• Disagree
Reactions: ianoconnor

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I would still sell first thing in the morning, if I owned any shares. There’s too much power that wants to tank the stock. If they halt it or suspend it your stop market order is useless.
Assuming it stays above $200, 20M shares have to be covered by ITM calls on Friday.

Reactions: ISUCY23

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I wonder what the SEC thinks about all this. How do you regulate emergent coordination to manipulate stock prices on social media? It's not like there are a couple of rich suits with MBAs that you can haul in for a stern talking to, maybe a slap on the wrist fine, or maybe some jailtime (if you're feeling ambitious) for doing this.

Is it market manipulation when tens of thousands of Internet trolls are doing it?

Plus, the trolls have the argument, "Market manipulation? What are you talking about? I am just buying a stock that I like, and it is not like the four shares that I own are going to somehow corner the market."

I would feel pretty bad right now if I was a hedge fund bro who just lost millions/billions to a subreddit.

No sympathy from me, those folks DGAF, when they screw other people over.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames

Get your paper hands out of here boomer