2019 Commits Stats & Senior Performance

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I mean...when people see Halliburton on TV or in Hilton is anyone saying “holy **** he’s so skinny how does he compete at this level???”

Halliburton is skinny, and will probably put on 20 pounds in the time he is at ISU, but he also has great length, quickness and a shot that while a little unorthodox, seems to go in a lot. Kid is going to be great at ISU. Also really loves to play the game.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Halliburton is skinny, and will probably put on 20 pounds in the time he is at ISU, but he also has great length, quickness and a shot that while a little unorthodox, seems to go in a lot. Kid is going to be great at ISU. Also really loves to play the game.

Being skinny (and funky shot mechanics) might be the only think that keeps Haliburton here for 4 years :)

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloned

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

I'd add "a leader" to that. Naz-like, but Naz as a junior or senior, which is a huge compliment.

• Agree
Reactions: CyCloned

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Anderson looks like he has some skill outside, but I hope he can also get his hands dirty in the paint.

His ceiling becomes a lot higher if he can play inside/outside.

Reactions: isutrevman

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Anderson looks like he has some skill outside, but I hope he can also get his hands dirty in the paint.

His ceiling becomes a lot higher if he can play inside/outside.

I think that will come with strength and conditioning. Will probably be more comfortable on the outside early in his career, and then round his game as he gets stronger later.

• Agree
Reactions: Psiclone

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Thanks for posting. Not sure how this makes me feel. Looks like he can shoot the uncontested three ball, with some range.
Did not look like a high caliber athlete in that game. Couple of guys I liked on the opponents team.
But, could be a decent stretch 4 kind of guy as projected.

Agree. Those highlights didn't show me a whole lot other than he looks to be a good passer and has a good outside shot. From seeing that, I see him playing on the perimeter and not in the paint, which is fine. He didn't seem to like to mix it up inside and go for rebounds. But like I said, that can be just fine. No problem with having someone his size with good vision, good passing skills, can fill it up from the outside, etc. Not everyone is a banger.

• Agree
Reactions: ILikeCy

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Agree. Those highlights didn't show me a whole lot other than he looks to be a good passer and has a good outside shot. From seeing that, I see him playing on the perimeter and not in the paint, which is fine. He didn't seem to like to mix it up inside and go for rebounds. But like I said, that can be just fine. No problem with having someone his size with good vision, good passing skills, can fill it up from the outside, etc. Not everyone is a banger.
As a JR last season he averaged 24 Points, 12 Rebounds, 4 Blocks, and 4 Assists per game. I is not afraid to mix it up.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I am more intrigued about Anderson after watching that than I was before. We don’t need him to be a banger especially because we should still have Lard, Jacobson and Young next year. We need shooting more and I thought he looked mobile with a really smooth shot. He’s got good size at 6-8 so he could be a tough matchup for some teams.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Thanks for posting. Not sure how this makes me feel. Looks like he can shoot the uncontested three ball, with some range.
Did not look like a high caliber athlete in that game. Couple of guys I liked on the opponents team.
But, could be a decent stretch 4 kind of guy as projected.
Did Georges’ high school highlights strike you as a “high caliber athlete”?

Those “highlights” were just weird. I wonder if the same person posted the same video tagged with two or three more players’ names.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
The people saying the highlights were weird apparently haven’t watched highlight videos in a long time lol. It is very common now to post the highlights as more of a game summary type thing than just highlighting 1 player.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
He's mostly a perimeter player for them, but I think he can bang when necessary. He said he played point guard at times for them last year. He was double-teamed immediately every time he dribbled, which means the opponent feared him off the bounce. It seemed like he was usually trying to get into the paint before the double came and he passed out. I'm guessing the team just sees him as more valuable on the perimeter where he can either dribble or shoot a three instead posting him up and drawing immediate double teams that way. Post-up play isn't super efficient anyway. In those highlights there wasn't a single post-entry pass for either team; it looked like a guard dominated game. It may just be the style of ball in his league.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not that I have seen with Haliburton and Conditt have played for ISU, but if you look at there recruitment and commitment threads there are a lot of comments on their slender frames. Even this summer there were a lot of post assuming Tyrese and George would have to red shirt to gain weight and contribute.

Just proving our fans are kinda stupid in their assessments? o_O

Our fans are obsessive with "frames." JFC, the posts on Morris being too slight five years ago. :rolleyes:

Last edited: