2013 Mock NBA Draft

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I see your new here so this might be a foolish post to reply to, but, do you understand how the NBA Draft works? I believe Diante went undrafted while teams took players no one has ever heard off (including the guys whose job it is to know these things.) from places like Africa and Europe. This is the NBA, where the Potential is king and college stats don't matter.

So it's a spinoff of Whose Line Is It Anyway?

samwise45

Aug 19, 2012
Funny that after all the Hype Shabazz Muhammad received and some people touting him as the best HS prospect since LeBron, McLemore is now regarded as the better player at his position just over a month into the season.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
That's what pretty much everyone said of Royce last year at this time.
Valid point. It doesn't change my mind but it's a valid point. 5th year seniors are generally regarded as too close to their peak.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Funny that after all the Hype Shabazz Muhammad received and some people touting him as the best HS prospect since LeBron, McLemore is now regarded as the better player at his position just over a month into the season.

I only saw Shabazz play twice and I never thought he was going to be anything special. I haven't seen him now that he's in college so I don't know what the issue is. Mostly I didn't think his skills would translate to the higher levels. Mostly NBA though. I didn't think he'd "struggle" in college.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
I'm not even sure I see Cody Zeller as a starter, long-term, in the NBA. Seems like a bad draft to be picking at the very top.

Seriously? The kid is a stud, he's an athletic 7 footer, who isn't afraid to bang inside, good rebounder, extremely efficient scorer, good touch, what more would you want in a big man?

He may not be an All NBA type but he will definitely be a quality starter for many years in the NBA.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
Seriously? The kid is a stud, he's an athletic 7 footer, who isn't afraid to bang inside, good rebounder, extremely efficient scorer, good touch, what more would you want in a big man?

He may not be an All NBA type but he will definitely be a quality starter for many years in the NBA.

Do you really want to draft a big guy (and he's not 7 feet) who only has a 6'9 wingspan, average-at-best athleticism, who can't shoot, who doesn't really block shots, and whose best skill is running fast for 70 feet in the top 3? I'd draft him at 10 and be happy about it, but not at 1.

He reminds me of Raef LaFrentz. He's a great college big guy, but I'm not sure he'll be a great pro.

Last edited:

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Do you really want to draft a big guy (and he's not 7 feet) who only has a 6'9 wingspan, average-at-best athleticism, who can't shoot, who doesn't really block shots, and whose best skill is running fast for 70 feet in the top 3? I'd draft him at 10 and be happy about it, but not at 1.

He reminds me of Raef LaFrentz. He's a great college big guy, but I'm not sure he'll be a great pro.

Fine, he's 6'11, and he's a much better athlete than you're giving him credit for, especially with the Raef comparison. He's got great hands and is very good at finishing. He's got a pretty solid mid range jumper that will only improve. With the way the NBA is heading, he will be a great fit as a stretch 4.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
Fine, he's 6'11, and he's a much better athlete than you're giving him credit for, especially with the Raef comparison. He's got great hands and is very good at finishing. He's got a pretty solid mid range jumper that will only improve. With the way the NBA is heading, he will be a great fit as a stretch 4.

He shot eight jump shots last year. Eight. A stretch four might be his ideal role, but I just haven't seen if he'll have the jumper for it. If he had the jumper to be a stretch four in the best league in the world, wouldn't he have taken more than eight shots in a season? And I said he has average-at-best athleticism. Do you really think he'll be an above average athlete in the NBA?

I don't want to sound too tough on the kid. Obviously he's a great player, and he'll be a nice pro. He's just not the guy I would want to draft in the top 3.

Last edited:

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
He shot eight jump shots last year. Eight. A stretch four might be his ideal role, but I just haven't seen if he'll have the jumper for it. If he had the jumper to be a stretch four in the best league in the world, wouldn't he have taken more than eight shots in a season? And I said he has average-at-best athleticism. Do you really think he'll be an above average athlete in the NBA?

I don't want to sound too tough on the kid. Obviously he's a great player, and he'll be a nice pro. He's just not the guy I would want to draft in the top 3.

Why shoot jumpers when you can get layups? He shot 76% from the FT line last season, he has a good touch. I have no doubt he will have a good mid range jumper at the next level.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'm not even sure I see Cody Zeller as a starter, long-term, in the NBA. Seems like a bad draft to be picking at the very top.

I honestly think if I had the first pick I'd draft Ben McLemore, I've been really impressed with him this year. Good size for a SG, nice shot and elite athleticism.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
DraftExpress: Mock Draft

Here's a real mock draft. Not just something a guy with time on his hands made up out of nowhere.

It has to be right, since it shows the Rockets taking a PF.

If things went that way, it would be really interesting for Doug McDermott to begin his career right at the end of Kobe's. He'd probably have some good war stories from that, if he made the team.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron