10 wins -7 pts agaist ranked opponents.

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
Ed and Dolph are on a roll. Here are the first half highlights from the dazzling duo:
1. Did you know you can get your cannabis card from your local veterinarian? Credit Ed for that slip of the tongue.
2. After Tory Taylor set the record for most punting yards, Dolph mentioned that he broke the record set by Michigan State in 1938. Ed replied “they must have had a poor team,too.”
3. They are advertising vasectomies. Dolph says “get snipped before you watch or listen to the next Hawk game.”
Those two are truly idiots….

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Anyone know how many Vols sat out?

Oh yeah, **** Iowa.
  • Tamarion McDonald, DB (transfer portal)
  • De’Shawn Rucker, CB (transfer portal)
  • Doneiko Slaughter, CB (transfer portal)
  • Tyler Baron, EDGE (transfer portal)
  • Connor Meadows, iOL (transfer portal)
  • Addison Nichols, iOL (transfer portal)
  • Brandon Turnage, DB (transfer portal)
  • Jack Luttrell, DB (transfer portal)
  • Mo Clipper Jr., iOL (transfer portal)
  • Warren Burrell, CB (transfer portal)
  • Mekhi Bigelow, LB (transfer portal)
  • Wesley Walker, DB (transfer portal)
  • Jaylen Wright, RB (NFL Draft)
  • Jabari Small, RB (opt-out)
  • Joe Miton, QB (NFL Draft)

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
Not so sure about that:

Utah State
Iowa State coming off the gambling disruption
Western Michigan
Michigan State (3rd worst offense in FBS against FBS)
Purdue #87 offense against FBS
Wisconsin with new coaches, #93 offense against FBS
Minnesota #110 offense
Northwestern. #106 offense
Rutgers #96 offense
Illinois. #83 offense
Nebraska #123 offense

That has to be the easiest collection of offenses to play against, perhaps ever!

There was a similar stat about halfway through the season. Iowa’s D is good, not debating that, but I don’t think it’s the elite level of D many think it is. Competent offenses (think a top 50 offense) seem to move the ball/score vs Iowa. They faced 1 top 50 offense during the regular season.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I could see where some bad offenses have done similar, but I can’t imagine by that wide of margin.
It happened to Rutgers in 2016 and 2017 by about 225 and 350 yards, respectively.
Missouri by about 100 yards in 2015. Wake by 1000 yards in 2014. KU by 100 yards in 2013.

So it is fairly common for abominable P5 offenses over the past ten years. But only Wake Forest ever had a year like that one.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: aauummm and Jer

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
For as much people want to say if Iowa had a top 100 offense they would be scary good, they really need to realize teams run playbooks as simple as Iowa's when they play. Teams are more worried about accidentally giving Iowa points on turnovers than they are giving the ball to their offense. So all they actually play against is run run run play action run.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
I would lose my ******* mind if cmc gave a presser like Kirk did today. My god…

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
For as much people want to say if Iowa had a top 100 offense they would be scary good, they really need to realize teams run playbooks as simple as Iowa's when they play. Teams are more worried about accidentally giving Iowa points on turnovers than they are giving the ball to their offense. So all they actually play against is run run run play action run.
They would have one more win. They weren’t competitive in their losses other than MN. Just imagine how many yards PSU or Tenn would’ve put up had they actually had to score and had some more possessions.

TClone99

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I would lose my ******* mind if cmc gave a presser like Kirk did today. My god…
Kirk is getting old and defensive of his legacy. Now he’s resentful that Brian was fired and of the way it was handled. Things could get ugly honestly. Or not because it’s Iowa and they always seem to stick around mediocrity.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The Go Iowa Awesome game thread is classic!! I think it was like page 7 when he threw the end zone pick. First six pages were about boasting. It got ugly after that.

• Haha
Reactions: aauummm and NWICY