2024 NCAA Tournament Thread

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
There's your problem. The fact of the matter is, you can pull the "actually it was a foul", but within each game what really is a foul is set during the course of a game. By rule we could call about 80 fouls a game and everyone would be dragging their walkons in to end the games. But that'd be a horrible entertainment product.

When a standard has been set for what's called during the game, there are effectively a new set of rules on the floor that varies from the strict definition in the rulebook. To make a call like that when the de facto rules have been different the first 39 minutes, is a bad call.
Officiating 101

Cmonwhatarewedoinghereman

Jul 26, 2023
I didn’t watch the game. I watched the replay from several different angels. I attend over 100 basketball games a year. I see that called a foul constantly. I can’t speak to how it was called earlier in the game. But it was a foul.
Hoops, if you attend over a hundo games per year and haven’t realized the last 10 seconds of a game is officiated differently you should stop leaving games early to avoid the traffic.

• Haha
Reactions: SwirlyBird

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
Hoops, if you attend over a hundo games per year and haven’t realized the last 10 seconds of a game is officiated differently you should stop leaving games early to avoid the traffic.
I realize that refs do officiate them differently a lot in the last 10 seconds and they shouldn’t.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I pity you then. Life is too long not to have a sense of humor.
I’m just messing back with you with that comment. I love humor. This ain’t that serious. We are having a discussion in here and there are disagreements. Welcome to sports.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Didn't watch the game. Was ol' Rabbit Ears Roy the one who made the call?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Really hate to see a game decided by a foul call like that. Was it a foul, maybe, but I tend to be one of those people that thinks "let the players on the floor decided the outcome of the game." To call a foul there it has to be a now doubter, this was nothing like that. When you have to fall back on "you have to call a foul whenever it occurs," we would be calling everything.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Imagine cheering for UConn. Ever.

Degree is from ISU.

I've knocked CC in the past, search the thread.

But to cheer for LSU or UConn?

No way.

I was honestly cheering for whomever had the ball. Zero interest either way, just an interesting matchup and an interesting sports figure.

It’s not even so much that I live in CA but my family in Iowa likes Iowa so it’s fun for them regardless of where I live. I somehow got hooked back into Murph and Andy after not listening for 12ish years so I’m fully aware of the local media ridiculous Hawkeye favoritism. Yesterday they were going nuts Garza is going to play a Twolves preseason game in DesMoines and had no clue Monte is a more important player on the same team.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Imagine cheering for UConn. Ever.

Degree is from ISU.

I've knocked CC in the past, search the thread.

But to cheer for LSU or UConn?

No way.
What about South Carolina?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron