Bracketology 2024

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Thought I just posted this but can't find it.

If UNC gets the final 1 seed. Arizona will stay west as LA is the further distance of the other 3 in contention.

After that it's us Tennessee and Marquette all closer to Detroit then any other region. Highest seed of the 3 gets MW.

The final 2 locations will be determined by conference affiliation. We can't go South. Marquette can't go East.

I honestly think these bracketologist are missing if we earn the choice we go MW. They just see it's easier to place us there. But unless Tennessee or Marquette are a higher overall seed we should get Detroit.
I've seen this mentioned a few times, but why is this the case?

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Hey Kansas State and Iowa fans, is the NIT Selection Show tonight or tomorrow?
I'm curious also. Usually we have to wade through their thoughts on every subject, so I imagine someone will be along shortly...

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
We did move up to 6th in NET. UNC at 8

We're honestly ahead of UNC in just about every metric except for the one the ACC (and espn as their mouthpiece) have been making a ton of noise about once they realized their garbage conference schedules would hurt them.

tHHaedM.png

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
I think because Houston will be south and they won't match us up with them in the same region as a 2.
Is there a hard and fast rule against it? I always thought it was one round for each time you played in the regular season, so am elite 8 matchup would still be on the table. I could certainly be wrong.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Yet you didn't even address my question.
No, and a team going into the tourney with a loss shouldn't go in over one with a win. It's ludicrous not to use a game played this week in the metrics. Gives you the best look at how the teams are playing in the present and not 3 months ago.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
This is exactly rhe assertion that Clemson coach was making when there was talk about Big 12 gaming the net.
I like the way KU gamed the system. Play big name teams from weak conferences in the preseason. Then lay a huge turd in the conference when playing good teams. Everybody says "Hey they played so and so" early - and it get ingrained in peoples' heads that they're good.

Only half (well, maybe 10%) kidding.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Is there a hard and fast rule against it? I always thought it was one round for each time you played in the regular season, so am elite 8 matchup would still be on the table. I could certainly be wrong.
Top 4 teams are put in 4 different regions

• Agree
Reactions: Cyballzz

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I've seen this mentioned a few times, but why is this the case?
Because Houston is there.
This is from the guidelines:

Each of the first three teams selected from a conference shall be placed in different regions.

There shall not be more than two teams from a conference in one region unless a ninth team is selected from a conference.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010

There are 2 rules in this case. 1.) top 3 Big XII selections will all be separated. 2.) seeds 1-4 won’t have the same conference in any grouping.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I think I'm done with this thread with the sheer amount of posters that come in with zero clue how the process works.

WHAT WE KNOW FOR SURE:
-Iowa State will be playing in Omaha the first and (hopefully) second rounds
-If ISU gets a 1 seed, we will be in the West region (unless we somehow jump UConn, Purdue, or Houston which won't happen)
-Assuming the committee is dumb and lazy and gives UNC the last 1 seed, we are in a battle with Tennessee and Marquette for the top of the 2 seeds.
-If we are the best 2 seed in the eyes of the committee, we will be in the Midwest region.
-If are not the best 2 seed, we will either be in the East or West region due to Houston being the #1 seed in the South and we can't be in their region.
-We (or at least I) do not want to be the East region with UConn. Anything else and I think we have a very realistic shot at a Final Four.
-NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, WE WILL BE PLAYING IN OMAHA ROUNDS 1 AND 2

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
I think I'm done with this thread with the sheer amount of posters that come in with zero clue how the process works.

WHAT WE KNOW FOR SURE:
-If ISU gets a 1 seed, we will be in the West region (unless we somehow jump UConn, Purdue, or Houston which won't happen)
-Assuming the committee is dumb and lazy and gives UNC the last 1 seed, we are in a battle with Tennessee and Marquette for the top of the 2 seeds.
-If we are the best 2 seed in the eyes of the committee, we will be in the Midwest region.
-If are not the best 2 seed, we will either be in the East or West region due to Houston being the #1 seed in the South and we can't be in their region.
-We (or at least I) do not want to be the East region with UConn. Anything else and I think we have a very realistic shot at a Final Four.

Say it louder for the dopes in the back.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
I don't post in a lot of threads for this exact reason. Not knowing **** is fine but straight up ignoring info consistently or assuming everybody's as clueless as you is ******* annoying.

Reactions: Dormeezy

Jayshellberg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 4, 2016
Omaha

WHAT WE KNOW FOR SURE:
Excellent summary and on point.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron