*** Official IOWA STATE vs Villanova Game(Day) Thread ***

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Because CF.

Someone called his rattled out 3 a 'STUPID missed shot' and the cause of Nova's coming back.

That poster was not around after Grill hit the 3 in OT that was kinda ******* yuge.
shooting with plenty of time on the shot clock up 16 is poor shot selection. Love the kid though, plays all out.

• Agree
Reactions: quasistellar

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Why do you have it in for Grill?

Like, what's it like to have this sort of malicious intent toward a college student?

I’m sorry Iowa state won and Caleb hit a big shot in overtime
Also Grill is going to get hot at some point and win us some games shooting. For the most part his looks have been decent so it's not something you can complain about. This team doesn't have much for shooting or scoring so Grill needs to continue to have the greenlight. He can't be afraid to shoot

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
Grill was 1-4 today from 3-point range; not great, but hardly 1-10 you stupid f*ck.

Looks like we know who the dumb, angry a$$hole uncle who gets really drunk and obnoxious at your family Thanksgiving is.
Yeah, I thought people wanted Grill to shoot less when he isn't making them. Today he does exactly that while playing fantastic defense and people are still upset?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
shooting with plenty of time on the shot clock up 16 is poor shot selection. Love the kid though, plays all out.

Yes and he wasn't the only one with that problem.

But calling it a stupid missed shot implies that he tried to miss it or something.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Look. Bottom line is, when your offensive plan is to try to get guys open for 3s who shoot under 30%, then you have a bad offensive plan. We have other options this year. We have pick and roll game. We have inside game. We have cutters. Why do we need to do this pass around the perimeter looking for Gabe and Grill to chuck up a bunch of airballs. Please for the love of god let that not be the ******* plan again.

Because if they don't even try.........the opponent will pack it in and the pick and roll game is worthless.

This team is better now than ISU was last year at this time because of the inside game. And because of that they don't have to shoot 50% from 3. But they have to try and make some.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Kane, Morris, Ejim, Niang were mentally soft? Jesus **** people need to stfu.
I remember no less than Larry Eustachy himself complimented the ISU fan base as among the smartest in the country when it comes to basketball knowledge, and I think most of us know our stuff.

But FFS, even after a big win on national TV there is some true f*cking stupidity on here.

Texbudman

Nov 20, 2012
Arlington,Tx
The

Really??!1 Pounding your chest after 1-10 (or whatever it was)shooting? Do you realize it wouldn't have been much of a game if he hadn't attempted the "STUPID" missed shot? Or made some 3's in regulation? And yes it was STUPID! Completely killed our rally. Stand down.

SoleCyclone

Mar 26, 2022
IMO I feel Grill and Gabe should switch starting. Not a huge drop off in defense and any + day Grill has in 3 shooting helps bench points. Small potatoes but just throwing it out there

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
IMO I feel Grill and Gabe should switch starting. Not a huge drop off in defense and any + day Grill has in 3 shooting helps bench points. Small potatoes but just throwing it out there
That’s why Gabe is coming in, need somebody to lead the second group and that ain’t Grill.