ESPN non-coverage is atrocious

Montgomery-Magic

Oct 17, 2017
Thought I would jump on to the world wide leader’s website for news but could find not a single headline on our astonishing gutting of a top ten team after basically winning zero games last two years. Found highlights buried down low somewhere. EF ESPN. Ill avoid them from now on.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I think after the Cease and Desist, ESPN has avoided really reporting anything positive on the Big 12 and really have just given the conference a giant middle finger. Oh well.

Reactions: BigCyFan

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Oh well.

It's November.

Let's see where things are in two months and if ISU's doing well they'll maybe at least be on ESPN/2.

• Agree
Reactions: cycophagus

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
There has been a bunch of tweets from the OG ESPN handle, ESPN college football, and ESPN Stats about both the football game (Breece’s record especially) and the basketball game. Football is king and will get the most coverage on the channel until the season is done.

OtownClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2021
ESPN is a national company. They will post stories they think will get clicks. Kansas losing is more interesting than Memphis. Iona, with a brand like Rick Pitino and the rareness of a team of that caliber beating a top ten team, is more notable. Yes, we care about beating a top 10 team and it is interesting regionally. If we keep winning, it becomes a story due to the turn around. Still a bit early for that. And would probably be posted on a day when there is less immediate news.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Even beyond our game, Sportcenter's coverage of Duke / Gonzaga was all about the freshmen recruits and how they will do in the NBA. They don't care about the college game at all, it's all about promoting their NBA coverage at this point. Thankfully, Fox has stepped up their football coverage to replace GameDay. Now we just need someone to do the same with basketball.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I'm past getting mad anymore, but if you really like to be mad then get mad at Iowa's #1 newspaper. The Des Moines Register has no story on Iowa State's thrashing of the #9 team in the nation.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I was slightly inebriated last night but saw they kept panning over to Niang. Cool for him to come out and support TJ and co. Hope he gave a nice post game speech

Reactions: Montgomery-Magic

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
That Duke game was awesome. A great early season showcase for the sport.