For those who have seen it.. Venom: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
8 films in a year and a half time-frame...... yes please. That is pretty much a new film every couple months. Crazy!!! Can't wait for these things to get started.

4 guaranteed bank-breakers and 4 TBD.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Surprised at some of the Spider Man takes in here. I think the Holland Spider-Man movies are really good. Especially compared to Raimi's.

Holland is my favorite Peter Parker and definitely the best in my mind at the mid-fight banter that for me defines Spider Man.

My only qualm about the movies is that he turned into Iron Man Jr instead of just being Spider Man. They are awesome movies though and it makes sense in how it connects him to the MCU.

I just think there's too much emphasis on the tech and not on how he can lift ten tons by himself without any technical assistance. Though they did finally delve into his spider sense (or Peter tingle) in Far From Home.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
That hype trailer made me double down in tears when they showed the audience reaction to “Avengers Assemble”.

Almighty God, please grant us the strength to come together and bring this pandemic under control so that we may gather together for movies, sporting events, and other large-scale social gatherings again, in Your name we pray, Amen.

Carlisle Clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 2, 2019
Watching that Marvel video again reminded me of sitting in the theater with my 3 younger boys when all the heroes re-emerge. Such a great moment and the look on their faces. Then Capt summons Mjolnir. Those moments will always give me goosebumps and so glad i got to see them with my kids. I hope others did too.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
They got me interested in the Eternals. That wasn't supposed to happen.

Get a free trial to Marvel Unlimited on your phone and read through the Eternals reboot they did a few years back. I couldn’t really conceptualize how they would work in immortal Earth-bound beings into the MCU that suddenly decided to become relevant again, but if they handle their reemergence into society like they did in the comics, I could definitely see this working.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Get a free trial to Marvel Unlimited on your phone and read through the Eternals reboot they did a few years back. I couldn’t really conceptualize how they would work in immortal Earth-bound beings into the MCU that suddenly decided to become relevant again, but if they handle their reemergence into society like they did in the comics, I could definitely see this working.

The Neil Gaiman one, or a later one?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Holland is my favorite Peter Parker and definitely the best in my mind at the mid-fight banter that for me defines Spider Man.

My only qualm about the movies is that he turned into Iron Man Jr instead of just being Spider Man. They are awesome movies though and it makes sense in how it connects him to the MCU.

I just think there's too much emphasis on the tech and not on how he can lift ten tons by himself without any technical assistance. Though they did finally delve into his spider sense (or Peter tingle) in Far From Home.

Agreed with everything here. It is more closely linked to the Ultimate Spider-Man run from a few years ago and not the Spider-Man I grew up with. That part isn't my favorite but they are just some good movies with some good humor and actors along the way.

I loved the Raimi Spider-Man movies at the time but if you go back to them now they are SUUUUUPPPEERRR cheesy. My kids didn't even like them.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA

I didn’t like that dynamic either (the bold) and probably my biggest issue as well.

I also didn’t think “Homecoming” and “Far from Home” were different enough from each other.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Without the build up of the relationship between Tony and Peter does the snap hit as hard? Does Tony's story arc hit as hard at the end of Endgame? I guess I don't have any problem with making him a little bit like Tony. They had a very special relationship.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
What I really like about the MCU is that they’re taking “people” stories, and integrating the comics into them—including WandaVision and CA&TWS. It’s not just constant juvenile plots and comic book action.

The comics tried to do that on occasion, with hot button topics, but the actors and directors in the movies allow for a depth and breadth the comics could never reach.

Reactions: cyhiphopp

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Surprised at some of the Spider Man takes in here. I think the Holland Spider-Man movies are really good. Especially compared to Raimi's.

Among the five, (I'm leaving out the Andrew Garfield ones because I have still never seen them - after 3, I was pretty distrustful of another Spider-Man movie for awhile) I'd rate them:

1)Homecoming
2)Spider-Man
3)Spider-Man 2
4)Far From Home
5)Spider-Man 3

I prefer Holland to Maguire, mostly because of the quicker wit that I associate with the character, but the first two Raimi films have some serious nostalgia that I can't ignore. I'm ok with how he was used in Civil War and the last two Avengers movies, but something about Far From Home didn't work as well for me. I think, like Hopp referenced, the tech part of Far From Home kinda dominated the story for me.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Without the build up of the relationship between Tony and Peter does the snap hit as hard? Does Tony's story arc hit as hard at the end of Endgame? I guess I don't have any problem with making him a little bit like Tony. They had a very special relationship.

Good point and probably not. Peter/Spider-Man was probably the only character it could have worked with also. Couldn’t put Pepper in that spot and the audience wouldn’t believe Tony cared enough about anyone else.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
That hype trailer made me double down in tears when they showed the audience reaction to “Avengers Assemble”.

Almighty God, please grant us the strength to come together and bring this pandemic under control so that we may gather together for movies, sporting events, and other large-scale social gatherings again, in Your name we pray, Amen.
If the ISU marketing did a short scene like that with Brock bringing Mjollnir to himself like in that scene with the team standing around him, I would fill my pants.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I didn’t like that dynamic either (the bold) and probably my biggest issue as well.

I also didn’t think “Homecoming” and “Far from Home” were different enough from each other.
Umm...they weren’t supposed to be different from each other. It’s basically one three part movie. Fair warning, No Way Home is just the conclusion.

The repeated “Home” usage supposed to be a hint.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron