Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Maybe the most impactful part of that whole Isaiah storyline was how closely it related to real-life historical testing on black people and black soldiers:

They did a great job tying everything to apply to modern day, that’s for sure.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Finn Wittrock has apparently been cast as Guy Gardner in the upcoming HBO Max Green Lantern series. Kid certainly has the jaw line for any type of superhero, but don't know much about him beyond that.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
There's a little over 1 month before Loki comes out, so I thought maybe this is a good time to revisit everyone's MCU rankings. Since there are currently 23 movies and 2 "official" MCU TV shows, I thought an interesting discussion would be a kind of MCU "tournament" where only 1 entry from a series can advance in your rankings.

Example: You can only pick one Thor movie to rank in your list, one Spider-Man, one Iron Man, etc.

The list:

Ant-Man, Ant-Man and the Wasp

Guardians of the Galaxy, Guardians of the Galaxy vol 2

Spider-Man: Homecoming, Spider-Man: Far From Home

Thor, Thor: The Dark World, Thor: Ragnarok

Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Captain America: Civil War

Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3

Marvels: The Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Endgame

The Incredible Hulk, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and WandaVision all automatically advance as there is only 1 film/season for those respective entries.

There would be 13 movies in your rankings if you were using this method. I'm curious to see what your rankings are. I'll put my list in a separate comment. If you want to rank your top 3/5/10, or all the movies then please share your list.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx

Finn Wittrock has apparently been cast as Guy Gardner in the upcoming HBO Max Green Lantern series. Kid certainly has the jaw line for any type of superhero, but don't know much about him beyond that.
Always loved the green lanterns, hope they do the show well.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
There's a little over 1 month before Loki comes out, so I thought maybe this is a good time to revisit everyone's MCU rankings. Since there are currently 23 movies and 2 "official" MCU TV shows, I thought an interesting discussion would be a kind of MCU "tournament" where only 1 entry from a series can advance in your rankings.

Example: You can only pick one Thor movie to rank in your list, one Spider-Man, one Iron Man, etc.

The list:

Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Captain America: Civil War

Marvels: The Avengers, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Endgame

The Incredible Hulk, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and WandaVision all automatically advance as there is only 1 film/season for those respective entries.

There would be 13 movies in your rankings if you were using this method. I'm curious to see what your rankings are. I'll put my list in a separate comment. If you want to rank your top 3/5/10, or all the movies then please share your list.

Having to pick one from each group makes this harder, but here is mine. There is a decent gap between the top 8 and bottom 5

Avengers: Infinity War - great on a lot of levels
Iron Man - despite the villain, my favorite origin movie in the group
Spider-Man: Homecoming - grew up loving Spidey and loved the cast & villain
Captain America: Winter Soldier - favorite solo-outing grouping, tough to pick a favorite
Guardians of the Galaxy - tempted to put this higher, fun movie
Ant-Man - didn't want to see it, but was highly entertained; Paul Rudd is awesome
Thor : Ragnarok - best Thor movie by a lot
Black Panther - certain things missed for me, but I liked it better after multiple viewings
Dr. Strange - good origin story, but CGI overload for me at times
WandaVision - different and weird, but still liked it a bunch
Falcon and the Winter Soldier - some disconnect, but some solid action scenes
Captain Marvel -not a huge Brie Larson fan for this role, wasn't likeable for some reason
Incredible Hulk - having seen Mark Ruffalo nail this role later makes me wish he starred in it

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Winter Soldier
Infinity War
Ragnarok
Homecoming
Black Panther
Iron Man
Dr. Strange
GotG
Ant Man
Cap Marvel
FatWS
WandaVision
Hulk

Reactions: 3GenClone

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA

The list:

I feel this might be too agreeable?

- Thor: Ragnarok (no one will argue)
- Captain America: Winter Soldier (might be debatable, but I’m not sure it really is)
- Iron Man: The first one (no debate)
- Guardians of the Galaxy: The first one (easily...my choice as the best movie of the franchise, to date)
- AntMan: sneaky. I will go with Ant-Man, but Ant-Man and The Wasp was solid
- “Marvel”: You either like Infinity War or End Game here. Can’t fault either, but think I prefer Infinity War

The MCU Spider-Man stand alone movies suck, in my opinion, so I’m not ranking them. To me, they all suck equally. It’s not the actor, it’s the the stories. They could be a lot better. This sucks, because I’m not even a fan of Spiper-Man.

Reactions: 3GenClone

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
My MCU "Highlander" Rankings ("there can be only one"):

13. The Incredible Hulk - Hulk is one of my least favorite Marvel characters

12. FATWS - I bet this gets better with repeat viewings

11. Captain Marvel - I love all things 90s, but Samuel L Jackson in a foot of makeup, dyed hair and CGI kind of distracts from the movie. Brie Larson is fine as Carol Danvers

10. Spider-Man: Homecoming - it was fine, but not nearly as good as the first two Raimi Spider-Man movies

9. WandaVision - I loved the Nick @ Nite vibe from the first episode. I have a feeling this may not hold up on multiple viewings

8. Thor: Ragnarok - best of the Thor trilogy

7. Ant-Man - feels like a 70s B-movie and I am here for it

6. Doctor Strange - best visuals of the entire MCU

5. Captain American: Winter Soldier - Robert Redford brings the gravitas as one of the best villains of the MCU

4. Avengers: Infinity War - The Marvel equivalent of Empire Strikes Back

3. Iron Man - great way to kick-off the MCU.

2. Guardians of the Galaxy - great soundtrack, great characters, great action

1. Black Panther - this is the best overall movie of the entire MCU. It's very Shakespearian with the path the characters take: Family drama, friends become enemies & enemies become friends, what it means to be a leader, and what it means to be a patriot

Reactions: Rural

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I swear I was misting up a little.

Interesting to see the first footage we've seen from Eternals finally. Also, based on the new Captain Marvels" title, clearly, Ms. Marvel is going to play maybe a bigger role in it than people anticipated. We have known all along she was going to be in it, but that was about it.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Interesting to see the first footage we've seen from Eternals finally. Also, based on the new Captain Marvels" title, clearly, Ms. Marvel is going to play maybe a bigger role in it than people anticipated. We have known all along she was going to be in it, but that was about it.
Monica Rambeau too. Wasn't she Captain Marvel at some point in the comics?