Colorado over #3 Oklahoma
South Florida over #5 West Virginia
Stanford over #2 USC in the Coliseum
Kentucky over #1 LSU
FSU over #2 BC
Illinois over #1 Ohio State
Arkansas over #1 LSU
Pitt over #2 West Virginia

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/6112-college-football-2007-a-season-that-will-never-be-forgotten

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Said the station is reviewing seasons from the last 15 years to figure out what season to run when the normal season don’t happen. Basically gonna run it like it was happening live every Saturday Including gameday from that year.

Just pick the 15 best single weekends in that time frame and play those each weekend...

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
yeah they actually do. If you don’t think they are in touch with every confidence commissioner you are crazy. They have billions in the line. So yeah they have a way more crystal ball than everyone else

Steve Deace had an informative podcast on the Big Ten side of things. Said 4 or 5 schools already want to call off the season and they’re just waiting/figuring out who will break through that door first.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I don't care what they choose to show. If college football is cancelled, so is my YouTube.tv. I'll go to the cheaper packages without ESPN if there's no live sports.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
2007 is the answer. Chaos happened basically every week
I was a freshman that year. We stormed the field after every win. The Iowa game in Ames with the throwbacks and Shaggy Bret Culbertson kicking FGs all day. That storm made sense. The others? K-State (with Josh Freeman and Jordy Nelson) and Colorado (down 21-0 at halftime).

2007 we started the year with a loss to Kent Not A State QBed by Julian Edelman lol. And lost to UNI. FG kicks to beat Iowa. Then lost to Toledo.

What a year.

SayMyName

Jan 28, 2017
ABQ
I'm on board with this if they go that route. It was 1 of 2 football seasons I completely missed due to being on a submarine for 6 months. Sounds like a fun way to experience it for the first time.
Fantastic perspective on what many of us otherwise take for granted. Thank you for your service!

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
One thing I've learned through all this is I just can't get into watching old games.

Last edited:

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
...The others? K-State (with Josh Freeman and Jordy Nelson) and Colorado (down 21-0 at halftime).

...What a year.

My oldest was born the night before K-State, I watched the game in the Lutheran Hospital cafeteria. And I have a pic from a week later, after my dad and I went to the Colorado game, holding the boy in full ISU gear. He was born a Cyclone and I was sure his birth signaled the change in our football fortunes! He's missed very few games since, even slept through the oSu OT win in the stands and I carried him down onto the field.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
One thing I've learned through all this is I just can't get into watch old games.

Im 100% the same. The most I can do is ISU games from the previous season or maybe two seasons if we have the same base of players. I can’t just watch the 2006 NBA Finals again. Or the 2010 Rose Bowl.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Is that insane or what? I’m grateful for ESPN throwing content up for us to feel ‘normal’ But it tells me that football isn’t happening if what your friend says is true.

Yeah, or just that since there is even a chance it won't they need to prepare for alternatives just like the schools are planning for alternatives.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Im 100% the same. The most I can do is ISU games from the previous season or maybe two seasons if we have the same base of players. I can’t just watch the 2006 NBA Finals again. Or the 2010 Rose Bowl.

I have to be in the right mood but usually can't watch a whole game.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Agree, I have watched very little of ESPN the last 3-4 months - if no football then that will continue.

They must be getting hard up for programing, on Sunday they showed a 3 hour concert by the Eagles from 2018, and then replayed it on the duce last night.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
ESPN doesn't have any more of a magic crystal ball than anyone else. It's a contingency plan.

They don't know about the virus but they know as much about the pro league plans as anyone other than a commissioner.

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
I was a freshman that year. We stormed the field after every win. The Iowa game in Ames with the throwbacks and Shaggy Bret Culbertson kicking FGs all day. That storm made sense. The others? K-State (with Josh Freeman and Jordy Nelson) and Colorado (down 21-0 at halftime).

2007 we started the year with a loss to Kent Not A State QBed by Julian Edelman lol. And lost to UNI. FG kicks to beat Iowa. Then lost to Toledo.

What a year.
Also my freshman year and didn't get tickets before they sold out. Only game I went to was UNI. :( Watched the Iowa game in Larch with the windows open to hear the cheers from the stadium.