Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Is that new tests by day or the lab just getting caught up on processing? (Strictly a question, not judging). It will be interesting listening tomorrow to see if there is a follow up on if the lab is all caught up. Kim said they would be by the end of the weekend.
I don't know the answer to that.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Boy, I just can't wait for the day when all of our hospitals are completely overwhelmed, all our doctors and nurses are dying from the virus, and people literally start dying in the streets. That will be so awesome, because well..... you know..... the young healthy people will be developing an immunity to it!!

That's the exact thought process of some on here.... and unbelievably Bill Maher too I guess. They might not be aware that they are promoting that, but they in fact are.

In the mean time, our hospitals will just be laying off people left and right because business is down so much

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
If you are truly interested in what is happening then I suggest this article as the best I've found.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/.../is-the-new-coronavirus-created-in-a-lab.aspx

It explains why most show no symptoms while others get really sick. It's really the interaction of SARS-cov-2 with other retroviruses.

And this was a man-made virus...Controversial certainly but this is the hard to ignore truth. And consistent with the first paper from India.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And this was a man-made virus...Controversial certainly but this is the hard to ignore truth. And consistent with the first paper from India.

Total ******* BS. Citing an anti-vac nutcake?

Of course, the great thing about BS conspiracies is that the "truth" and proof is always kept "secret" by someone so it can never be disproved even when complete nonsense. LOL

dfe260e617f8fbcfb1460b15ff2e5505.png

Last edited:

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
If you are truly interested in what is happening then I suggest this article as the best I've found.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/.../is-the-new-coronavirus-created-in-a-lab.aspx

It explains why most show no symptoms while others get really sick. It's really the interaction of SARS-cov-2 with other retroviruses.

Good God. A quack's website citing an anti-vaxxer is the truth while the many reasonable explanations as to why it was clearly not manmade that have been published are not?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/coronavirus-not-human-made-in-lab.html

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
You don't to get to decide what we collectively choose to do.

Actually, we do. That's why we elect people to represent us in these decision making meetings. We decided who the Governor is that then decides whether businesses should open. If you don't like those choices, then rather than stand around polishing your gun on the sidewalk, get out and vote. Heck, maybe even run for office. That's how we make change in this country. Not with guns and intimidation.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Actually, we do. That's why we elect people to represent us in these decision making meetings. We decided who the Governor is that then decides whether businesses should open. If you don't like those choices, then rather than stand around polishing your gun on the sidewalk, get out and vote. Heck, maybe even run for office. That's how we make change in this country. Not with guns and intimidation.

Governors do not get to decide what the law is, particularly in matters pertaining to our basic rights.

Last edited:

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
  • People struggle because there is no perfect solution. No country/region has discovered the magic solution.
  • No two countries are the same. No two states are the same. Regions of states are different. Different parts of the city will even be different.
  • A lot of unknowns. I lot of things the experts have said over the last two months have not been correct. We are learning as we go. It's a lot easier to look back and say "Well we should have done this".
  • Everyone is to blame in one way or another for all the problems we're facing. Unhealthy Americans, off shoring work, international travel, cheap consumer goods, funding, trusting China, etc. Some of these issues go back 50+ years.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
That's a horrible way to govern. However, it will be sorted out in court, and properly so. The legal basis for this flows from the Patriot Act and Department of Homeland Security (imagine that, they used it as a way to try to suspend our rights here).

Again, there are mechanisms to repeal that Patriot Act. We as a country voted in representatives that felt it necessary to protect the society as a whole. If you feel that it goes too far, elect a representative that follows those same views.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
The right to assemble is the main one. No one ever thought to list "the right to leave your home" or the "right to keep your business open", but those are certainly implied.

You can assemble (just not in large groups in person).
You can leave your home - as long as it is in a safe manner
You can keep your business open - as long as it is safe for employees and customers

None of that has changed - just what is safe is different right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron