Get your stimulus check payment

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
So, I entered my information and they confirmed I was eligible but it said the IRS didn't have my bank account information (which is BS, because they took the money I owed directly out of my bank account the day after I filed my taxes). So I then entered my 2019 tax info (Adjusted Gross Income and taxes paid/return amount) and my bank account info.

Kept getting an error message that the information didn't match their records. Tried using my savings account instead of checking, used the 2018 info, etc. Now I'm locked out of the website for too many incorrect attempts and have to wait 24 hours to try again. I would try calling somebody, but that seems like a complete waste of time. So frustrating.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
The wife and my stimulus was directly deposited into our checking account this morning. Filed income taxes in February and received our refund by direct deposit. Our stimulus money and income tax refund go to Bill Gates, Dell, Sprint and Samsung. New computers (because of Windows 7 end of life) and new cell phones because our old ones were over 5 years old and the back had separated off of mine and was dangerously over-heating.

Last edited:
Reactions: BCoffClone125

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
The wife and my stimulus was directly deposited into our checking account this morning. Filed income taxes in February and received our refund by direct deposit. Our stimulus money goes to Bill Gates, Dell, Sprint and Samsung. New computers (because of Windows 7 end of life) and new cell phones because our old ones were over 5 years old and the back had separated off of mine and was dangerously over-heating.
The money my wife and I are getting is going to new cell phones. We haven't had new phones in 4 years and they won't be able to download the next iOS update. Other than that my wife wants to save it for our vacation later this year, though I have my eye on some new Vokey wedges for my golf bag.

Reactions: SayMyName

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Got mine today. Bank website crashed yesterday, they put up a message saying stimulus package would show up today at earliest.

Reactions: aauummm

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
got ours this morning

checking to see if my daughter gets one. whelp she doesn't which is ******* stupid. A 23 year old non-student who files a tax return but isn't eligible because we claimed her as an other dependent.

The thing is reading the actual bill that passed she should get it.

Also, if you have a high school/college student kid over 16 that you claim as a dependent but they still filed a tax return - you will not get anything for them and they won't get anything for themselves. Dumb!

Pretty much the same here on our 21 year old son. Our 18 year old HS son did get $500, but did not file at tax return last year.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Our 21 year old is a student, filed a tax return and we still claimed him as a dependent. Seems odd they are not eligible.
Why are you still claiming your 21 year old as a dependent? That’s kind of undercutting him on some money.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
nza4m1j10ib21.gif

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Tried to look on IRS website, typed my social security number in twice said it doesn't match. I exceeded my number of tries (2) try back in 24 hours

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Ours came through last night. Today is payday for me, as well. So quite the influx of cash overnight.

Still no idea what we'll spend it on. Some combination of things we want, local shops, and local restaurants.

Reactions: aauummm

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
As of 11:30 today, nothing. It did not take them long to take the payment I had to make on my taxes so I know they have my information. Guess maybe tomorrow.;)

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
As of 11:30 today, nothing. It did not take them long to take the payment I had to make on my taxes so I know they have my information. Guess maybe tomorrow.;)

You will need to provide your direct deposit information. It appears that those who paid in did not have their bank account information retained for this purpose. Use the link in the first post. Have your tax return available for the required information. Make sure you type in your address exactly as entered on your tax return.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
You will need to provide your direct deposit information. It appears that those who paid in did not have their bank account information retained for this purpose. Use the link in the first post. Have your tax return available for the required information. Make sure you type in your address exactly as entered on your tax return.

Do you do that through the "Non-Filer" portal? That's all I've seen for this but it's misleading to say I'm a non-filer.

Help Support Us

Become a patron