For the People Staying Home

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
We had started a bathroom remodel, so we've been working on that some. Tub is in, but surround has not yet arrived. Have to finish the drywall, paint, plumb the smaller stackable washer/dryer that we are putting in upstairs to replace the basement monsters, lay linoleum, put up the surround & door, and install new toilet & countertop. Once all the pieces get here we'll have plenty of things to keep us busy. In the meantime, binging old Survivors, cleaning house & organizing freezer contents for most practical use order.
If it gets a little warmer I'll get outside & start clearing the winter litter off my flower gardens.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Teleworking, which sucks much harder than normal because our VPN isn't designed to handle thousands of employees trying to access the network at one time, which means I literally sit there until after lunch just waiting for my computer to work right.

This is soooo frustrating. It's been awhile since I've had to deal with that but I very much remember it making me want to tear my hair out. I remember in particular the weekly timesheet thing was so slow it would take me an hour to fill out. When you selected each option, the page would do a full post/reload. And it took 1-2 minutes to render. An hour for 25 clicks.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Bought a new X Box1 X, 2TB console. So, while the world burns around me I’ll be slaying monsters and sneaking up on people to slash their throats from behind.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
14 sets of brake calipers don't install themselves 20200318_055553.jpg

Our maintenance cycle starts friday too.

Last edited:
Reactions: wintersmd

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
I'm technically on vacation this week to be home with wife and daughter during their spring break. But since they will be home for the next 3+ weeks, nothing 'special' about it this year.

Our office was informed yesterday to work from home. So, I grabbed my docking station and monitors and will be cleaning/setting up the den to be more functional as a work from home office.

Also, cleaning and playing 500.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Working. It's great as long as our daycare stays open. I'm blown away at how productive I can be at home and not tied to a desk at the office. Should have done this years ago.

This weekend we'll probably go through drawers and closets and get rid of old clothes, maybe do some yard and garage cleanup if the weather cooperates.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Wife and I actually talked about this yesterday that this would be a good time to get a puppy. 4 weeks of being home to train it would be helpful.

A lot of folks might be thinking the same thing. If my work from home arrangement is permanent then we're going to seriously consider getting a puppy. The only thing that had been holding us back was the fact that the dog would be alone for like ten hours every day, which isn't fair.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Working from home this week (next week I go in and Janny will be home). I am homeschooling the kids (-ish, mostly via apps and websites while I work). Currently they're watching the author of the Pete the Cat series read and draw on Instagram Live, and it's saving my life.