Are we being to harsh

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
My agree was with the first part.

but if prohm won 25 games next year, these folks would say he was terrible for not winning 26.

just like Paul taking the Wisconsin job would have been best for him, Steve needs a ripcord closer to his and his wife’s home.

Total BS. If Prohm rattles off 25 wins next year ISU fans will be thrilled.

Semi colon

Mar 10, 2018
Concerns I have are observations made over last several years. I see Prohm coached teams that constantly lack good fundamentals and just poor basketball IQ making the same mistakes over and over again. It’s as if they don’t watch film? Talent will hide some of those deficiencies however the ceiling will always be limited. Prohm needs to recruit really well to be successful year in and year out or this is what we’ll get in a regular basis. I was expecting this team to struggle this year but was hoping we’d see a bigger emphasis put on defense and rebounding allowing them to be competitive and maybe steal a NCAA bid but looks like Prohm thought he could play the same style with a roster not built for that style. I would like to think improving at defense and rebounding is something that can be developed much quicker if the desire or motivation is there. He needs to figure out how to get more out of less if he wants to compete on a regular basis because losing players to the pros and transfers isn’t going to get less so better adapt or fall behind.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cloneon

curtgouty

Dec 27, 2017
I again ask, what do you want? The recruiting Prohm has done for ISU (don't give me your bs about this), is remarkable. If you don't want those type of players - who is your preferred replacemant for Prohm??

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
.... and it would’ve been a massive mistake to keep him. We would’ve never had Matt Campbell.

We are better than that.

I guess I should never expect you to understand the context of the statement.

But what exactly are we better than?

• Dislike
Reactions: awd4cy

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Total BS. If Prohm rattles off 25 wins next year ISU fans will be thrilled.

the vast majority will. But you won’t. Neither will the rest of the social media crew

As I’ve said, multiple times, I don’t think it will happen. I think next year is his last year here. But if it did, Certain people will only focus on the negatives. Just like Monte’s senior year

• Dislike
  • Agree
Reactions: Macloney and awd4cy

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
the vast majority will. But you won’t. Neither will the rest of the social media crew

As I’ve said, multiple times, I don’t think it will happen. I think next year is his last year here. But if it did, Certain people will only focus on the negatives. Just like Monte’s senior year
Would you be happy? Just curious, and we all show our enjoyment in different ways ;-)

I just hope we don’t get stuck with the NIT. That would be a disappointing 3 out of 4 years, but an improvement with great uncertainty going forward. I’m getting old, there’s no time for that!

I’ve said it before, but this is a great opportunity for Prohm. Add some backcourt help, add a coach that knows defense, and he’ll be going to his 4th tournament in 6 years! Not too bad!

• Optimistic
Reactions: arobb

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
And I suppose you were against the firing of Greg McDermott? Or literally any other nice guy who did a bad job while working at ISU? What is more loyal, firing the nice guy who tries hard, or sitting on your hands while we gather 30 pt losses in Hilton? Which one is better for our basketball program and University?

No, I was in favor of a coaching change at that point because it was clear McDermott wasnt the answer here. Just like if next year's team sucks, I'll be in favor of a coaching change because it will be clear Prohm isnt the answer. At this point though, as much as you and all the other Prohm haters want it to be, the answer isnt clear on if he is the right guy or not. He's had 3 good teams and 2 bad teams. McDermott never had a winning record here. Significant difference.

Loyal is cheering for and believing in your team. Through the ups and the downs.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Would you be happy? Just curious, and we all show our enjoyment in different ways ;-)

I just hope we don’t get stuck with the NIT. That would be a disappointing 3 out of 4 years, but an improvement with great uncertainty going forward. I’m getting old, there’s no time for that!

I’ve said it before, but this is a great opportunity for Prohm. Add some backcourt help, add a coach that knows defense, and he’ll be going to his 4th tournament in 6 years! Not too bad!

truthfully, being removed from the bubble of Ames has allowed my to see the perception of Iowa State athletics.

Johnny took us to our first tournament since 1944 in the 1984-85 season. That is now 35 years. In that time we’ve been to the NCAA tournament 19 times, the nit twice. So 14 years have had no post season play.

what I always want to see is a group that plays hard, that looks organized. We have had real dark periods of that not happening with Steve as coach. That’s what I want to see.

if we get out talented, then that happens. But he should never have to coach effort, and he should be structured

He’s gonna get next year. If I just see effort and structure, I’ll be ok.

but there is a very vocal group that have their minds made up. Nothing is going to change that. If you’ve been paying attention, you’ve seen the kids allude to these folks. I think that’s what really sucks about the crewe.

• Dislike
Reactions: Macloney and awd4cy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Uhh... not buying the schedule excuse. We played one of the easiest Big 12 schedules in a decade plus. The conference is way down and we are still near the bottom. Now tell me how tough Florida A and M is?

This team is just plain bad. No reason to invent schedule excuses - they don’t stand up.

The schedule excuse is the same thing people use to say for football....probably still do and the the reason ISU had bad or marginal records in football was because they were a bad or marginal football team.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I think we can all agree if the offense comes out like it did this year chucking 3s and it takes prohm half the season for the 3rd year in a row to force the guards to make effort to try to get our bigs involved in the offense he should be fired. Maybe even in the middle of a game.. that’s how annoying it was watching the guards pretend they are all elite shooters early in the season.
Let's not act like the bigs were as good at the beginning of the season as they are now. Solo was benched earlier.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
Let's not act like the bigs were as good at the beginning of the season as they are now. Solo was benched earlier.
Lets not pretend like we actually know how good they were at the beginning of the season. the very few post touches solo got (and was scoring on consistently) were overshadowed by what prohm was pretending was offense.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Lets not pretend like we actually know how good they were at the beginning of the season. the very few post touches solo got (and was scoring on consistently) were overshadowed by what prohm was pretending was offense.

Solo's movement has been better the last few weeks on both ends, probably the best of his career.

He was a step behind imo to begin the season.

Conditt was doing OK but was bad all over when he got plugged in to start.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
No, I was in favor of a coaching change at that point because it was clear McDermott wasnt the answer here. Just like if next year's team sucks, I'll be in favor of a coaching change because it will be clear Prohm isnt the answer. At this point though, as much as you and all the other Prohm haters want it to be, the answer isnt clear on if he is the right guy or not. He's had 3 good teams and 2 bad teams. McDermott never had a winning record here. Significant difference.

Loyal is cheering for and believing in your team. Through the ups and the downs.
2 of his good teams were handed to him on a silver platter. He did a pretty good job of not messing those teams up. He himself, has had 1 good team, and 2 bad teams. His first bad team had a worse overall record than any of McDermotts. His good team went .500 in conference and finished 5th in the big 12. This year's team isn't favored in any of the remaining games, and could finish with a worse record than the 2017-18 team. Which would give prohm 2 worse seasons than any of McDermotts. His highs are good considering the history of our program, but his lows are also pretty historically bad.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Granted, it's missing a lottery pick (and that's on potential) but the talent is subpar.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013

I was was one of the few that were pretty annoyed when solo was benched for conditt. It’s was obvious to me that conditt got a few easy baskets every game off of a pick and roll with Haliburton or a wide open dunk. He was the best player for the terrible offense they were trying to run. But I was expecting the team from day one to be feeding the post on a regular basis. It’s clear they haven’t practiced playing like they do now for very long. It took prohm finally manning up and telling a few guards that they are not going to be superstars. Who knows how a few games would of went with Haliburton running the show and solo an actual part of the offense.

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
I don’t see solo getting his chance to show what he can do in the post as some good coaching move that prohm made. He was forced to stop playing like a moron when Haliburton went down and accidentally stumbled into something he should have been doing all along.

Reactions: Cycl1