This is why Prohm must go........

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
What does steve prohm do well? Recruit? This team has almost no big 12 caliber players. Name one guy on this team that starts for a top tier big 12 team. What players that are coming in next year are difference makers? Foster is a good get but the guy is barely averaging 20 pts a game in iowa high school bball as a 7 footer

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
What does steve prohm do well? Recruit? This team has almost no big 12 caliber players. Name one guy on this team that starts for a top tier big 12 team. What players that are coming in next year are difference makers? Foster is a good get but the guy is barely averaging 20 pts a game in iowa high school bball as a 7 footer

Totally agree with this. Prohm did bring in Wiggs, THT, etc.... but the class this year wasn't good at all, and next year's isn't looking that great either.

I didn't realize that Foster's high school team is like 7-13 this year too. With just him and nobody else they should still be .500 or above.... IF he's really Big 12 caliber that is.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I’m sure I’m missing someone but when I think of ISU players like Hogue that had “nastiness” in their game were not scrawny.

Hogue was not big by any means. Homan was large, Vroman wasn't. Stinson was not a big guy. If people think you need to be a big guy to have a nasty streak, they are wrong.

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
This is how to guarantee prohm doesn’t come back. Texas has it figured out. To be fair, Shaka did lose to the worst coach in the big 12 so he deserves it

Sad commentary.

I prefer to support the players. They are Cyclones and continue to work hard. I will attend every game, cheer and stay until the end. Ultimately Pollard will have to decide what he needs to do. I do not think me not supporting the kids aids him in his decision. We all have our own definition of being a fan.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Totally agree with this. Prohm did bring in Wiggs, THT, etc.... but the class this year wasn't good at all, and next year's isn't looking that great either.

I didn't realize that Foster's high school team is like 7-13 this year too. With just him and nobody else they should still be .500 or above.... IF he's really Big 12 caliber that is.

Isn't next years class a top 25 class?

Keep in mind XF missed a good portion of the season. They are around 0.500 with him with their losses to mostly Norwalk, Pella, Indianola. Also keep in mind Osky is a really bad team with out him.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008

Keep in mind XF missed a good portion of the season. They are around 0.500 with him with their losses to mostly Norwalk, Pella, Indianola. Also keep in mind Osky is a really bad team with out him.
Is he injured?

Gerbs

Aug 31, 2013
Sad commentary.

I prefer to support the players. They are Cyclones and continue to work hard. I will attend every game, cheer and stay until the end. Ultimately Pollard will have to decide what he needs to do. I do not think me not supporting the kids aids him in his decision. We all have our own definition of being a fan.

definition of taking yourself too serious.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
Hogue was not big by any means. Homan was large, Vroman wasn't. Stinson was not a big guy. If people think you need to be a big guy to have a nasty streak, they are wrong.

Stinson would not be the person I’d use for your argument. He’s one of the strongest players in program history.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
AR-191219970.jpg

Also, there is a lot of green between "starts for a top tier Big 12 team" and not a "Big 12 caliber player". There are a lot of role players on teams 3-10 that wouldn't start on a top tier team that are Big 12 caliber players. Heck, there are a ton of starters on teams 3-10 that wouldn't start on the top tier teams and they are Big 12 caliber.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

That's my big thing with Steve. I get we are way out talented on most nights in the Big 12. Now what you attribute that part to is a matter of opinion. Some would go the strict liability route-- that Steve is responsible for who is on the floor no matter the circumstances. Others choose to look at the recent attrition as a cause for the dip and talent and give him a pass. I think there are arguments both ways there.

But what gets me is the lack improvement and lack of a plan. We were never going to beat KU. I get that. But that second half just proved everything that's wrong with him as a coach. Horrible shot selection. Early shot clock contested 3s. Long 2s. No effort to guard the ball. Just so many indicators that beyond being low on talent this is a very poorly coached team.

I find myself watching and often thinking "what exactly do we practice?" I'm not sure I've come up with an answer yet.

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
AR-191219970.jpg

Also, there is a lot of green between "starts for a top tier Big 12 team" and not a "Big 12 caliber player". There are a lot of role players on teams 3-10 that wouldn't start on a top tier team that are Big 12 caliber players. Heck, there are a ton of starters on teams 3-10 that wouldn't start on the top tier teams and they are Big 12 caliber.
I like haliburton but in my opinion he doesn't have an NBA body. Hes too skinny and he hasn't exactly taken over any games this year against quality teams. Same as THT I think they are both quality players but way overrated on draft boards

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

It's a good class but its middle of the road for the big 12, will probably be the 5th or 6th ranked class in the league when its all said and done. The hard truth is, Prohm's teams aren't going to punch above their weight so while the class is nice, it's likely setting our ceiling at a middle of the road big 12 team. That's not bad and gets you in the tourney convo every year but a miss on a player or two and we're right back where we are this year. People focus on Lw and THT leaving but even average development from guys like Lewis and Griffin (the 2 highest rated recruits on the team) would have softened those losses and made us at least competitive this season.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfanisu