Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
So, I thought "hey, I'll try some other searches for jobs" since the normal avenues are dead.
First Google search result might have something, might not.
Scroll down the page, and about the 5th result was a familiar job opening from the past. I think "that's familiar," and see the 2018 date. Yeah, that's reassuring.

• Optimistic
Reactions: dirtyninety

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Oregon was this way about 5 yrs ago @besserheimerphat is it still like that? I got my hand slapped when I went to fill up a car I had rented. (not really but told not to do it)

Don't see how they are going to put selfserve gas back in the tank after letting people pump their own forever.
Mostly still that way, although a somewhat recent law allows locations with small populations (think small town convenience stores or co-op stations with 24-hour pumps but not enough people to staff the place 24-7) to let people pump their own. More a matter of less/fewer available personnel than anything else.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Get home, get the dogs out of their crate, Emma proceeds to jump on me in excitement and tries to take out righty.
Turn to the right next time.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Another kids say the darnedest things courtesy of LittleWx.

So he fell on the driveway leaving a friends house last night after putting his shoes on the wrong feat and literally a second after MrsWx told him to slow down. We had to stop at Drug Town quick and of course he wanted to go in. Since he fell he wanted Band Aids which we had at home. He ignored MrsWx saying that and walked right up to the teenage employee and said "Worker where are the band aids?" Then seemed innocent/hurt enough that the employee let him open a box and get one out.....

So did you buy the band aids or just get the one for the owie?;)

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Oregon was this way about 5 yrs ago @besserheimerphat is it still like that? I got my hand slapped when I went to fill up a car I had rented. (not really but told not to do it)

Don't see how they are going to put selfserve gas back in the tank after letting people pump their own forever.
Yep, Oregon is "no pump" state. I live in WA though and have yet to buy gas in OR.

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone and NWICY

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Plows must be waiting until the snow stops.

We went to brunch and garden thing and probably should have cancelled. Babysitter was late because of roads and we had an accident right in front of us on the beltline. Way better by 3PM but it was not good like 10am

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Do gas stations in Oregon and NJ operate 24 hours? I don't think I would want to pump someone's gas at 2am in the winter.
This. This. And this.

I realize I might be irrationally upset about things sometimes but how in the world are more people not floored by this. It. Makes. No. Sense. Is there soon going to be a “no brush” law and you are going to have to hire people to brush your teeth? Ridiculous.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
https://kwwl.com/2020/02/10/legisla...is/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_KWWL

forgive me if this belongs in the cave but what in the hell is this?

I know the NJ/Oregon thing was true back in the mid 90's too. Went to school with a couple of NJ girls, and they had a learning curve of pumping their own gas.

A job pumping gas sounds pretty good right now

Thursday it won't. Wednesday is going to be busy at the gas stations.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
This. This. And this.

I realize I might be irrationally upset about things sometimes but how in the world are more people not floored by this. It. Makes. No. Sense. Is there soon going to be a “no brush” law and you are going to have to hire people to brush your teeth? Ridiculous.

I'm assuming you'd be expected to tip the guy pumping your gas that you have no option to do yourself too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron