Xavier foster vs norwalk.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
I totally understand why we passed. We think he is too small. I tend to disagree that 2 inches is a valid reason not to offer kid with his talent but time will tell. We can meet back and discuss in 2 or 3 years. I really hope you are right and we have some 6'4 snipers by then :)

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
What guards do we have that can't defend?

Are you serious!

Halliburton is not a good on ball defender. Great off ball and takes advantage of his length. But overall he is slightly above average defender.

Nixon can be solid on ball, but also gets lazy at times and effort is erratic.

Bolton is bad. He couldn't guard Bowen Born

Jackson is our best on ball defender and his effort is consistent.

Lewis not a good defender.

If I were to grade our perimeter defenders, Jackson would only one to get B grade.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Guess my eval is tougher than you. Getting beat consistently off the dribble is bad defense.

He was saying Bolton is horrible at basketball, not just defense. Bolton is Wigginton 2.0 on defense which isn't a good thing. He should be better than he is with his athletic ability

• Disagree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
He was saying Bolton is horrible at basketball, not just defense. Bolton is Wigginton 2.0 on defense which isn't a good thing. He should be better than he is with his athletic ability

He really is a Wigginton clone in the advanced stats, too.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Are you serious!

Halliburton is not a good on ball defender. Great off ball and takes advantage of his length. But overall he is slightly above average defender.

Nixon can be solid on ball, but also gets lazy at times and effort is erratic.

Bolton is bad. He couldn't guard Bowen Born

Jackson is our best on ball defender and his effort is consistent.

Lewis not a good defender.

If I were to grade our perimeter defenders, Jackson would only one to get B grade.

Jackson is terrible. He has no idea how to get around a screen.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
I would have been good with Born being given a preferred walk on type roll and red shirt him. Give him a year in the weight room and practice and see if he could contribute - if not transfer to UNI or another school were he could play. Problem with this scenario is I'm sure he wants to play right away and wants a scholarship.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque

Twins reading comprehension is important. My post was entirely regarding defense. It was in response to your post asking which ISU guards can't defend. You might want to go back to Hawkeye threads where your insight is appreciated

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Twins reading comprehension is important. My post was entirely regarding defense. It was in response to your post asking which ISU guards can't defend. You might want to go back to Hawkeye threads where your insight is appreciated

I wasn't talking about you. Another poster was talking about how horrible Bolton was all around not just defensively

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Hell, I never realized Bolton was that good of a player, 15th in the league in offensive efficiency. Which starter from last years team would have had to sit if he had been here? If not a starter, would he have beaten out Wiggington as the 6th player, and first off the bench?

We need points, this year, put him on last years team, and he is at best the 8th or 9th players to hit the floor. That would be with his production this year.

Bolton is a decent player, high volume shooter, but unless he can learn to finish at the rim, and play more of a team concept, we will struggle if we have to rely on him.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Hell, I never realized Bolton was that good of a player, 15th in the league in offensive efficiency. Which starter from last years team would have had to sit if he had been here? If not a starter, would he have beaten out Wiggington as the 6th player, and first off the bench?

We need points, this year, put him on last years team, and he is at best the 8th or 9th players to hit the floor. That would be with his production this year.

Bolton is a decent player, high volume shooter, but unless he can learn to finish at the rim, and play more of a team concept, we will struggle if we have to rely on him.

You should take a break from posting for a while

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
So CyTwins, which player on last years team would Bolton have taken minutes from, in your expert opinion. Take a break, how about you answer my question.

Help Support Us

Become a patron