AARP

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Not trying to throw this in the cave but your comment surprises me. Most conservatives that I know don't join because they are opposed to the left leaning politics that they perceive that the AARP supports.

Full disclosure: AARP has always claimed to be apolitical.

Maybe I missed your sarcasm?

It's primarily a lobbying group so....probably not apolitical.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
AARP is just a lobbying group. To be honest with the way I book hotels and cars. AARP discount would not come into play. Not sure about Dennys. My military discount usually will cover any discount AARP has. So I won't be doing a membership.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
So many boomers, so little time...
I'm Gen X, **** you. ;)

Thanks for the input, although now I am hungry, confused, and pissed. Guess I am a senior citizen...

We need a couple new tags, one that represents huh? and another that is wtf. Some of you need to stop reading and watching politics 24/7.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
My 13 year old son is constantly receiving AARP info and different retirement information. We tried to figure it out and it appears he got on some mailing list and we can't get him off of it.

Some mailing list somewhere thinks my name is Aloysius. I was receiving several spam calls a week last year as he evidently turned 65 in August 2019. No idea how my number got connected to dear old Ally, but it was. And quite annoying.

The worst part is, I'm actually not THAT far away from 65 so I already am dreading getting those calls and trying to figure out Medicare, Secondary/supplemental, co-pays, drug plans etc. for myself.

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I'm Gen X, **** you. ;)

Thanks for the input, although now I am hungry, confused, and pissed. Guess I am a senior citizen...

We need a couple new tags, one that represents huh? and another that is wtf. Some of you need to stop reading and watching politics 24/7.
tenor.gif

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Some mailing list somewhere thinks my name is Aloysius. I was receiving several spam calls a week last year as he evidently turned 65 in August 2019. No idea how my number got connected to dear old Ally, but it was. And quite annoying.

The worst part is, I'm actually not THAT far away from 65 so I already am dreading getting those calls and trying to figure out Medicare, Secondary/supplemental, co-pays, drug plans etc. for myself.
So they are confusing you with this guy?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Honestly have no idea what that is.
It's Mr. Snuffleupagus from Sesame Street. For the longest time everyone thought he was Big Bird's imaginary friend because no one else ever saw him. Apparently the show's producers were concerned that kids would start to think adults similarly wouldn't believe them when they had difficult things to tell so they finally had him appear to adult characters too. A while after they introduced the character they introduced his mother who calls him by his first name, Aloysius.

Last edited:

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Not trying to throw this in the cave but your comment surprises me. Most conservatives that I know don't join because they are opposed to the left leaning politics that they perceive that the AARP supports.

Full disclosure: AARP has always claimed to be apolitical.

Maybe I missed your sarcasm?

That has always been MY take as well. And like you no intention to make this political in any way shape or form.

For the OP - SHOULD you join AARP, that does NOT give you permission to wear black dress socks with sandals.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose.

My uncle has long had a disdain for older folks, stemming from working retail in the snowbird haven of Arizona when he was in his early 20s. His plan, when elected governor or president, is that once you turn 70, you get either a driver's license or a telephone, not both.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and somecyguy

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My uncle has long had a disdain for older folks, stemming from working retail in the snowbird haven of Arizona when he was in his early 20s. His plan, when elected governor or president, is that once you turn 70, you get either a driver's license or a telephone, not both.
This seems odd. My unscientific observation is that the likelihood of a driver to also be using the phone in one way or another is loosely inversely correlated to age.

• Agree
Reactions: abcguyks

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I started getting calls for some Todd dude about 3 months ago. (Has this cell number since 95/96). Worst is, about a week ago I started getting texts for Todd asking if he wanted increase his penis size 2-4 inches.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and MeanDean

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron