*** Official IOWA STATE vs #23 Texas Tech Game(Day) Thread ***

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
A little realism for you all: Prohm can miss the tourney this year and next and he’s still not going anywhere unless he wants to. Look how many ways it takes to rationalize your stance against him, like “the sweet 16 wasn’t his players” or “no one cares about big 12 tourney wins” or “his top 25 class is only that high because of the number of players”. Truth is he’s accomplished as much as any coach we’ve ever had not named Larry Eustachy. And actually Larry has more bad seasons to his credit than Prohm.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
A little realism for you all: Prohm can miss the tourney this year and next and he’s still not going anywhere unless he wants to. Look how many ways it takes to rationalize your stance against him, like “the sweet 16 wasn’t his players” or “no one cares about big 12 tourney wins” or “his top 25 class is only that high because of the number of players”. Truth is he’s accomplished as much as any coach we’ve ever had not named Larry Eustachy. And actually Larry has more bad seasons to his credit than Prohm.
Hi steve

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
No

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Larry went .500 his first season with ISU coming off of a down year, and had one other losing season.

Prohm's looking at a 2nd losing season in 3 years with a lot of unknowns going into next year.

What's your favorite aspect of Prohm's program in year 5?

• Funny
Reactions: socalcy

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
Eustachy went 4-12 in the big 12 in 2002 and 5-11 in 2003 so there’s that. And he wasn’t fired for his record.

The best seasons we’ve had are with 3 and 4 year guys (Ejim 2014, Niang 2016, Monte, Thomas, Naz 2017). I feel like Prohm is starting to build the team with those type of players.

I’m not saying Prohm is the be all end all, I’m just saying his resume at ISU is as good as anyone we’ve had and people act like he doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Eustachy went 4-12 in the big 12 in 2002 and 5-11 in 2003 so there’s that. And he wasn’t fired for his record.

The best seasons we’ve had are with 3 and 4 year guys (Ejim 2014, Niang 2016, Monte, Thomas, Naz 2017). I feel like Prohm is starting to build the team with those type of players.

I’m not saying Prohm is the be all end all, I’m just saying his resume at ISU is as good as anyone we’ve had and people act like he doesn’t know what he’s doing.
Steve go to bed, practice tomorrow.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Who?

• Winner
Reactions: jcisuclones

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Fred?

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019
Wouldn’t Steve be Crimsontide95 and Jamie Badger95?

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
Since you want to compare Larry to Steve, a big part of being successful in college basketball is defending your home court. Larry had two seasons in his tenure where we did not lose a single game at Hilton. His last two seasons were rough with 5, however; his teams only got beat by more than 10 at home twice in 5 years. Larry's total home loses for his 5 years was 13.

Under Steve's tenure, we are currently sitting at 19 home losses (with 7 left to be played this season). Steve's teams, as of right now, have been beaten by 10 points 5 times at home during his time here. People on this site like to compare Steve's teams between having his own guys and having Fred's guys (which I think is a fair thing to do), and only 5 of those 19 home losses came during the years when Fred's guys were still on the team. Since then, we had seasons with 7, 4, and now 3 (two by +10, and the other being arguably the worst loss in modern program history) with 7 left to play.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
200.webp

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

Larry had two

Who are the three & four year guys we are building our program around? I would assume one might be Conditt. Who are the others?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron