• I do not believe he is the right man for the job

Votes: 168 44.3%
  • I do believe he is the right man for the job

Votes: 211 55.7%

• Total voters

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Losing to Kirk is a lot different than losing to Fran. One is an actual good head coach, and the other one is a meme due to his temper tantrums in games. I'm not sure why people are being so intentionally obtuse about this(well, I do know, but that's not related to the point.) The only thing Kirk and Fran have in common is that they both coach sports at Iowa. It's like if people were trying to compare Fred to Paul Rhoads.

CF might downvote me into oblivion but for as bad as Fran is a man and recruiter, he is a good coach. There is no doubt in my mind that his outbursts and inability to control his emotions heavily effects his in game coaching abilities though

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
I have seen nothing out of CSP that tells me he can out coach anyone. He is a pretty good recruiter and if he has a lot of talent, can win games but I have rarely seen ISU play above talent expectations since his hiring. Game adjustments never seem to be made and our offense seems to suffer when the primary gameplan is challenged which harkens back to adjustments and Prohms inability to capitalize on opposing weaknesses and deviate from specific game plans.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I'm not sure whether you're really this dumb or you're just intentionally distorting what I'm saying in your frantic effort to stamp out any criticism of our program. Either way, I'll elaborate.

No, of course I'm not suggesting Prohm share publicly everything he says in private. I agree, that doesn't serve anyone and besides, there's no need - we all knew the source of Lard's issues anyway.

But how many games did we ask ourselves whether Lard was still in the doghouse? Whether he would play at all, much less how many minutes? Is he suspended or not? Once Lard got off his early suspension, it remained a theme throughout the rest of the season, and Prohm's vagueness about it all only fed the issue.

why does it matter if the fans don’t know if lard is in the doghouse? It’s not our business.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I'm not sure whether you're really this dumb or you're just intentionally distorting what I'm saying in your frantic effort to stamp out any criticism of our program. Either way, I'll elaborate.

No, of course I'm not suggesting Prohm share publicly everything he says in private. I agree, that doesn't serve anyone and besides, there's no need - we all knew the source of Lard's issues anyway.

But how many games did we ask ourselves whether Lard was still in the doghouse? Whether he would play at all, much less how many minutes? Is he suspended or not? Once Lard got off his early suspension, it remained a theme throughout the rest of the season, and Prohm's vagueness about it all only fed the issue.

Yeah but I do know you’re not acting here.

holy ****. This is none of your business. It is a private matter between adults and between a coach and player

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
CF might downvote me into oblivion but for as bad as Fran is a man and recruiter, he is a good coach. There is no doubt in my mind that his outbursts and inability to control his emotions heavily effects his in game coaching abilities though
I’ll disagree with you here. I don’t think he’s a good coach. I can’t even count the amount of mid-season collapses that Iowa has that typically start around the start of February. Good coaches don’t let their teams collapse. However, I do think that he proved that he’s better than Prohm last night after outcoaching him for the 3.5 time in 5 years.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
A couple weeks ago against KSU, that bunch was not competitive, they were a bunch of marshmallow's. They looked cold and disinterested. That thing was over when those winds started hitting ISU in the face when they left the locker room.

They were fortunate KSU did not have a high powered offense.

Drake they won, because it was Drake, but they were not competitive.

It happens.

They beat Drake. They led against KSU in the 3rd quarter. Tough to compare those to be down double digits for 35.5 minutes of a basketball game.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Name one Big 12 coach that is worse than Prohm on gamedays?

He is 10th out of 10. He may recruit like a top tier coach and runs a clean program, but when it comes to the 40 minutes that actually matter, he is routinely beat.

well i think it starts and ends with Shaka'

Last year Prohm split games with Huggins, won 2 of 3 from Weber, split with Beard, went 1-2 against Self and Drew

Best I got..

Last edited:

Snyder21

Apr 25, 2012
Sioux City, IA
Jamie will not fire Prohm unless there is a clear upgrade on the market that he thinks we have a legitimate shot at.

Anybody know of anyone out there that would be a good fit?

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Agree...but dang, he needs to figure it out defensively....such a liability. If he could just get a little better in that space, he’s got some tools to help this team
In his defense he had a MONSTER block on Garza and was one of the only guards fighting over screens instead of under and running hard. Nixon was bad on offense and went under screens, and Bolton... Just wow.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
why does it matter if the fans don’t know if lard is in the doghouse? It’s not our business.
Yeah but I do know you’re not acting here.

holy ****. This is none of your business. It is a private matter between adults and between a coach and player

Stop hyperventilating. There's nothing private and secretive about wanting to know whether your key players are actually going to play.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
They beat Drake. They led against KSU in the 3rd quarter. Tough to compare those to be down double digits for 35.5 minutes of a basketball game.

they beat Drake by what a field goal, the game was in doubt in the 4th quarter
They were a 41 point favorite.. FCS non-scholarship Drake

Beating a lowly team does not necessarily mean they competed.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Name one Big 12 coach that is worse than Prohm on gamedays?

He is 10th out of 10. He may recruit like a top tier coach and runs a clean program, but when it comes to the 40 minutes that actually matter, he is routinely beat.

In every Big 12 game he looks like the Beta against the opposing coach. I dont want him turning into Fran, but ffs if your players are sucking lay into them a little bit, if the refs arent doing there job lay into them.

Last night he just stood there with his arms crossed completely dumbfounded why a team that cant shoot was getting blown out with an offensive game plan of chucking up 3's and off balance floaters in the lane.

JFC Prohm, you've had a decent amount of success here and have beaten some of the top coaches in college basketball, stop acting like a 1st year grad assistant.

• Agree
Reactions: quasistellar

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
In his defense he had a MONSTER block on Garza and was one of the only guards fighting over screens instead of under and running hard. Nixon was bad on offense and went under screens, and Bolton... Just wow.

I hope that jumps starts him. He’s got some talent, junior, big 12 body, nice jumper...just needs consistency at practice and games.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I think he is running out of time. Prohm is a great recruiter, and a good guy, but he’s a terrible in game coach. It is completely unacceptable to have the record that Prohm’s teams do at home, and we should never get blasted by a bad program in Iowa.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
I have seen nothing out of CSP that tells me he can out coach anyone. He is a pretty good recruiter and if he has a lot of talent, can win games but I have rarely seen ISU play above talent expectations since his hiring. Game adjustments never seem to be made and our offense seems to suffer when the primary gameplan is challenged which harkens back to adjustments and Prohms inability to capitalize on opposing weaknesses and deviate from specific game plans.
In bounds plays, does he have any?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Jamie will not fire Prohm unless there is a clear upgrade on the market that he thinks we have a legitimate shot at.

Anybody know of anyone out there that would be a good fit?
In three years, Georges Niang..

• Optimistic
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron