Voices In The Stands KU Edition

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
Saw a couple in Gopher gear. At least it is right right colors. lady in front of us let out a big what the f just before our reciever caught what looked like a sure interception in the first quarter thrown inches over the defenders fingers. Her F was interrupted by the reception. She was mostly quiet after that
Oh no the f word?

• Dislike
Reactions: TedKumsher

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Plus, they didn't win so no feeling of 'cockiness' to go along with the natural dooshiness of having 'hawk' in your name.

That was what the Texas band was saying to me last week. I told them it's all Iowa's fault your having to wait longer.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Went out at half to our vehicle parked in C6. Cops on bikes had a young adult surrounding him. Heard the kid say, "I know I'm drunk!". I decided it was time to open the backdoor of our van, cracked open a beer and sat on the back of the van to watch the festivities. Was not disappointed. Young adult got agitated and started to try and get physical. Well, it was all down hill from there. The cuffs came out and the guy walked with the police as led him away. Good thing they left. I got up and a small trash bag of empty cans fell out. :eek::eek:

wa

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I didn't think about it ahead of time but KUs band coming makes a lot of sense. KSU game was in Lawerence this year as was OSU which is the next closest. Their director is also the former ISUCFVMB director. After he directed the anthem he stayed on the sideline and appeared to sing Bells with the other ISU staff.

Wow, didn’t realize that. He’s really made the rounds in the Big12.

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
So what was the attendance in house yesterday. We went to Minneaota/Noorthwestern yesterday and there weren't 20000k even there and at least half were Gopher fans. Tickets were like 2 for $10. ($5 apiece). I used to think tickets were to expensive for fami lies but unless it's a really,really big game and the weather's nice tickets are pretty affordable for most games. Sometimes peop!e can't even give tiickets away.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
So what was the attendance in house yesterday. We went to Minneaota/Noorthwestern yesterday and there weren't 20000k even there and at least half were Gopher fans. Tickets were like 2 for $10. ($5 apiece). I used to think tickets were to expensive for fami lies but unless it's a really,really big game and the weather's nice tickets are pretty affordable for most games. Sometimes peop!e can't even give tiickets away.

Announced attendance was 58120

Reactions: CyDude16

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
Announced attendance was 58120
That's awesome. We would have gone but we were out of town. Except for cheap beer I would much rather go to a game then watch on TV. Unfortunately as every year goes by fewer and fewer people seem to think that way.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
In Eastern Iowa YTTV showed the game on Fox Sports North and Midwest. I would be curious if the FoxSportsGo App shows out of region games live.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
lady in front of us let out a big what the f just before our reciever caught what looked like a sure interception in the first quarter thrown inches over the defenders fingers. Her F was interrupted by the reception. She was mostly quiet after that

I had a couple of those, including that play. But let's face it, that was a dumb pass in to double coverage. My other was yelling at Brock to run on a scramble just before he found Breece for a touchdown down the sideline.

There was a Hawk fan in our section. We were laughing at him because he was sitting under a blanket and wearing knitted mittens. Man card revoked.

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
It’s so weird how many Hawk fans were there today. Even more weird they came to that game instead of watching their own team play

Well, it was probably too much money to buy Kansas coats just to be douches, so this was the best they could do.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
On the student attendance:
I think since we are sports fans (otherwise why would we be on CF?) we take for granted that ALL students are as well. They are not. Both my kids went to ISU; one boy engineer, one girl liberal arts. Based on their friends and acquaintances, I'd estimate about 50% of students don't like sports at all, even casually, and will actively avoid games. Maybe 10-20% actually care and follow football and bball.

On the Kansas band:
give them a break, this was the biggest crowd they will ever get to play in front of!