Xavier Foster Committed To Iowa State

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I realize we have a number of threads but felt we need one dedicated just to Xavier joining CyclONEation!!!

@AlexHalsted Iowa State has picked up a commitment from four-star center Xavier Foster. The Oskaloosa (Iowa) native is regarded as the No. 59 overall prospect in 2020 according to the 247Sports Composite and is the fifth-highest rated commit in Iowa State history: http://bit.ly/2OdO6Sv

@AlexHalsted With today's commitment from Xavier Foster, Iowa State now has the No. 14 recruiting class in 2020 according to 247Sports, including the No. 3 recruiting class in the Big 12.
Here's the class that'll sign Wednesday.

@AlexHalsted Xavier Foster's mother said that the family sat down yesterday at 3 p.m. to discuss the decision. "I don't think he knew one way or another, it was kind of a gut feeling. He has aspirations to go to the NBA, we saw Iowa State had more recent success with that."

@ChrisMWilliams Foster’s mom just told the Indians Network stream that Iowa State’s success of putting players in the NBA made an impact on his decision.

@AlexHalsted Top-5 commits for Iowa State, per @247Sports
1️⃣ Craig Brackins
2️⃣ Lindell Wigginton
3️⃣ Talen Horton-Tucker
4️⃣ Matt Thomas
5️⃣ Xavier Foster
6️⃣ Georges Niang
@EvanDaniels Four-star center Xavier Foster just verbally committed to Iowa State, he tells @247Sports. | Story: https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/Xavier-Foster-Iowa-State-138406515/
“Iowa State, because I felt that they had some guys commit that I had played with and I know I can better myself playing with the everyday,” Foster told 247Sports.
“The play style, and the relationships,” Foster said when pressed on his choice. “I have a good relationship with the players.”
Foster is a significant addition for Prohm and his staff. The 7-foot center ranks No. 59 overall and as the No. 10 center in the 247Sports Composite Rankings.

Rivals Reaction
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/xavier-foster-decides-to-remain-in-state

@AdamZagoria Xavier Foster just committed to Iowa State
Crystal Ball was 100 percent Iowa.

https://www.zagsblog.com/2019/11/11/xavier-foster-to-iowa-state/
“We took some time [Sunday] to discuss pros and cons of going each way, but at the end of the day there really isn’t very many cons,” his father Dejuan told IndiansNetwork.tv. “Two great schools, two great staffs. So it was just what he felt more comfortable with and I guess he just felt more comfortable heading over to Ames.”

Last edited:

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I like it! Glad he was smart and chose the good guys over a coach with a childish temper tantrum throwing ability. He is going to get some minutes next year, even with a busy frontcourt of Young, Conditt IV, Griffin, and Johnson.

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I'm not complaining at all about the commitment, but I am surprised that with how on the fence he was even up until yesterday, that he committed this early. If I was so close on a decision, I think I would have put it off a little later to give myself more time to decide.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
This is good stuff.

I followed the other thread pretty regularly the last few days, and my disappointment at the likelihood he was going to sign with Iowa as was being reported was apparent.

I think we would have been okay with losing him in the long run, but it still would have hurt perception wise to lose a Top 75 in-state kid to our hated rival.

I can't say I enjoyed the ride very much, but the final destination feels pretty good to arrive at.

L

LincolnWay187

Haven't seen any tape but would like to see some big man dunks from this kid

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
giphy.gif

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Great news, wish I would have never read anything about recruiting because it is frankly no fun. Sounds like he made the right decision for the right reasons - I know this was a tough decision since his family are hawks which makes me respect him even more.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
I'm not complaining at all about the commitment, but I am surprised that with how on the fence he was even up until yesterday, that he committed this early. If I was so close on a decision, I think I would have put it off a little later to give myself more time to decide.

Isn't signing day this Wed.? He put it off long as he could as he probably didn't want this hanging over him during his senior high school season.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA

I think he wanted to get it done so he can concentrate on his senior season.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron