MLB: ***Official MLB Postseason Thread***

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Nats doing the exact same thing the Cards did to the Braves to win the series.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
giphy.gif

Fans of the other NL Central teams.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
So Nats have like a week off now? Don't think that's a real good thing for baseball players.

In 07 Rockies had a week off and it killed all momentum we had. Although unlike us the Nationals have a filthy starting rotation which I believe can offset the time off.

• Agree
Reactions: matclone

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
In 07 Rockies had a week off and it killed all momentum we had. Although unlike us the Nationals have a filthy starting rotation which I believe can offset the time off.
Yeah probably won't hurt the pitching too much. The bats on the other hand....

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I heard about this on the radio, but just got to watching the breakdown on youtube. I can't believe this would happen at the major league level to this degree. It's so obvious what pitch he's about to throw. I also can't believe someone from TB didn't notice and fix it during a mound visit very early on.

I think that our minds miss things like this on a regular basis. Like when you actually think about anything in detail you start to realize how much you’re missing and how we are just a single giant organism trying to level up.

Reactions: throwittoblythe

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
To the lady cardinals fan in the bar during game 5 of the NLDS that was literally getting mad when St Louis would strand runners when they were up 13-1, karma is a *****, ain't she.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yanks/Astros postponed because of a northeasterner. Not great news for the Yanks as they now get Verlander on Friday on four days rest and not three on Thursday. Astros are staying with Greinke for Thursday. Don't think it affects a game seven much (if there is one). That's an all hands on deck game regardless of who pitched what previous games when.

Thomasrickj

Feb 26, 2012
Arlington, VA
I’m from DC and couldn’t be happier about what the Nats have done this postseason. Growing up in DC (went to ISU but was born in DC and grew up five miles from the city), it’s been a rough time. Until the Caps won it all in 2018 it was a very rough past 20 years (we were the only city with three professional sports teams or more that hadn’t made a conference final since 1998) in DC. The Nats have just been on fire and are having a blast right now. Hopefully this time off doesn’t ruin their flow. Go Nats!

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
I'd be more ok with the first inning strike zone if the first pitch strike to Bregman in the Top hadn't been farther off the plate than half the pitches that were called balls on the Yanks

JusHappy2BeHere

Jan 22, 2013
Houston, TX
Springer Dinger!!!!!

Then a Wasted opportunity following the home run.... 1st and 3rd with no one out and we get nothing more.... 3-1 Good Guys

DrizzyCyclone

Apr 7, 2013
Yankees are doing a horrible job of cashing in when they have RISP. Sanchez and Encarnacion have been huge liabilities, gotta get going if the Yankees are going to win tonight and down the road.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yankees are doing a horrible job of cashing in when they have RISP. Sanchez and Encarnacion have been huge liabilities, gotta get going if the Yankees are going to win tonight and down the road.

I was thinking Astro's in 7 if we got an Astro/Yanks series but looks like Astro's in 5 to me now. Yanks have been really good with RISP all year until this series. Have reverted a little to 2018 when they homered and scored a lot but weren't that good with clutch RISP which killed them in the playoff's.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I never thought I'd see Aaron Hicks in the playoffs let alone hitting a big homer. He'd been elbow rehabing for a LONG time without any live game action. I liked he didn't give the usual "Oh, yeah, I KNEW I'd be back" answer to the question about whether he thought he'd be back. He admitted it was crazy to think in September that he would be back.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I never thought I'd see Aaron Hicks in the playoffs let alone hitting a big homer. He'd been elbow rehabing for a LONG time without any live game action. I liked he didn't give the usual "Oh, yeah, I KNEW I'd be back" answer to the question about whether he thought he'd be back. He admitted it was crazy to think in September that he would be back.

It's 314 feet to the Yankees right field foul pole. That ball would be foul in any legit ballpark. I think it's great that Hicks had a nice moment, but I think Yankee Stadium is a ******* joke.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
It's 314 feet to the Yankees right field foul pole. That ball would be foul in any legit ballpark. I think it's great that Hicks had a nice moment, but I think Yankee Stadium is a ******* joke.
It'd have been a mile and a half out in Boston.

Of course, I'm sure Boston isn't a legit ballpark either.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
It'd have been a mile and a half out in Boston.

Of course, I'm sure Boston isn't a legit ballpark either.
I am not exactly a baseball purist and not a Red Sox fan by any means but it seems almost a high level crime to if your not joking to call Fenway not a legit ballpark. That place is one of the greatest sports venues in all of America. Up there with JTS of course.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron