Lazard on Packer roster

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
One would think at this point in his career that Rodgers would get to pick and choose who he wants on the offensive side of the ball. Strange implication that he’s been wanting more PT for Al and coaches haven’t been giving it.

If not for the injuries I'd say Sheppard would be out of a job today.

• Agree
Reactions: Scott34

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Curious--how does this go for Lazard contractually? I think he was on the practice squad before being upped to the roster.

Very cool story for him. ISU getting some nice pub this season.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Curious--how does this go for Lazard contractually? I think he was on the practice squad before being upped to the roster.

Very cool story for him. ISU getting some nice pub this season.

He was on the practice squad for only a few days. He was brought up before the first game and been on the active roster since. That TD was needed, drop that and there would have been issues.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The Lazard TD was definitely a TD. He did not gain full possession until he was in the endzone.

Was Lazard even touched by a Lions’ defender on that catch? This isn’t college - in the NFL you’re not down until there’s contact or you’re out of bounds. So IMO there’s two things going in Lazard’s favor on that TD - he didn’t control it until he crossed the goal line (and that ball never hit the ground), and I don’t think he was ever touched either.

EDIT - never mind, he was touched. But he still didn’t control it until he crosses the goal line.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Was Lazard even touched by a Lions’ defender on that catch? This isn’t college - in the NFL you’re not down until there’s contact or you’re out of bounds. So IMO there’s two things going in Lazard’s favor on that TD - he didn’t control it until he crossed the goal line (and that ball never hit the ground), and I don’t think he was ever touched either.
This was 100% a TD. The way Allen caught it reminded me of how he caught it against Oklahoma in 2017.. kind of corralling it in. Super awesome that he got that sort of praise by Aaron Rodgers and there seems to be a connection between the two of them. Allen will probably get a lot more plays next week and if he continues to succeed, he'll be playing his way into a legit spot there.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I always felt like AL got cheated a little bit by pro scouts because he wanted to be a Cyclone when he could have played for a higher profile program to help him reach his NFL dream. But that shows you what a high character guy he is. Couldn't be happier for him coming up big in this opportunity.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
This was 100% a TD. The way Allen caught it reminded me of how he caught it against Oklahoma in 2017.. kind of corralling it in. Super awesome that he got that sort of praise by Aaron Rodgers and there seems to be a connection between the two of them. Allen will probably get a lot more plays next week and if he continues to succeed, he'll be playing his way into a legit spot there.

That’s pretty much what I said. I was just questioning whether a defender even touched him - which he did.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I always felt like AL got cheated a little bit by pro scouts because he wanted to be a Cyclone when he could have played for a higher profile program to help him reach his NFL dream. But that shows you what a high character guy he is. Couldn't be happier for him coming up big in this opportunity.
I also think NFL teams were reluctant to take him because he didn't have blinding speed. What he does have is an unbelievable football IQ and a tremendous work ethic, things that Rodgers highlighted.

Reactions: VeloClone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
These are some real small, double covered windows Rodgers is throwing into. Gonna throw a pick I think.[/QUOTE]

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Die4Cy