Lazard on Packer roster

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Packers list a TE1 and TE2 on most depth charts.
TE1, TE2, FB & 3rd WR are all positions depending on package. (use 2 at a time)
TE1 are split out bigs Graham & Strenberger, who went to IR to open the spot for AL.
TE2 plays w/ a hand on the ground Lewis & Tonyan, but Tonyan will split out as well.

Odds are Graham will breakdown by midseason giving AL a chance in the rotation as a TE1 with Tonyan. They have another blocking TE that didn't make the 53 that would likely be added when Graham goes down. Regardless the STs got better today.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Packers ended up being a great team for AL to be with, given the Packers satisfaction with AL's performance and work ethic, along with some of the WR/TE's propensity to get injured.

Better news...two Cyclones on the field tonight for the kickoff game of the season!!!

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
Packers list a TE1 and TE2 on most depth charts.
TE1, TE2, FB & 3rd WR are all positions depending on package. (use 2 at a time)
TE1 are split out bigs Graham & Strenberger, who went to IR to open the spot for AL.
TE2 plays w/ a hand on the ground Lewis & Tonyan, but Tonyan will split out as well.

Odds are Graham will breakdown by midseason giving AL a chance in the rotation as a TE1 with Tonyan. They have another blocking TE that didn't make the 53 that would likely be added when Graham goes down. Regardless the STs got better today.

Wait are you saying they're going to play him at TE?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

I think they’re saying that’s the roster spot he’s filling. But if anything he’ll be a “receiving TE”, if not a WR just sitting in the TE roster spot.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I don't think this means that he will be playing TE. It probably has more to do with Allen being able to fill the same role as Shepard on special teams.

• Agree
Reactions: xboxfever

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
I think they’re saying that’s the roster spot he’s filling. But if anything he’ll be a “receiving TE”, if not a WR just sitting in the TE roster spot.

Right, he filled the TE4 spot. But he didn't play a single snap at TE in preseason or camp.

Hes a WR that will be utilized on the outside, if he plays. I have heard good things about his ability to block downfield and be physical, too.

I'm sure tonight will mainly be ST unless someone goes down with an injury.

• Dislike
Reactions: cuphues

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
Lazard is not a TE and will not be playing a TE. He has practiced exclusively at WR this entire offseason. He is replacing a TE who was essentially a pass catching TE. TE is a hard position to transition from college from, so he was being worked in slowly and probably wasn't going to play a ton regardless this season. But Lazard will still be a WR, I would guess alot of slot.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Big shout out to AL, he has been rewarded for sticking with it and keeping a good work ethic and attitude. Personally, I don't think he gets enough credit for Campbell's turn around job in Ames. He was a leader that immediately bought in the first year when they had a pretty bad season and got rewarded his senior year for doing so. Without him stepping up, a locker room full of discontent can develop very quickly when a coach is fired that is well liked by the players who he recruited and committed to him.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I think he's playing receiver they just realized they didn't really need a 4th tight end when theirs got injured

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

If you considered Shannon Sharpe a TE then yes. But do I see him putting a hand on the ground next to the tackle? No.

Graham, Tonyan and Kumerow are the guys AL will be backing up. Basically big receiver in the slot.

Graham is easily the closest skill set on the roster. They call him a TE but he never lines up tight.

Adam's will be on the field if the ball is in the air. MVS will be oppo to take the lid off the coverage. Everyone else is a third receiver or TE1. Kumerow lines up here as well and he's not a TE either.

Don't get worked up about the name. When I say TE1 it's not a traditional TE.

Last edited:

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
If you considered Shannon Sharpe a TE then yes. But do I see him putting a hand on the ground next to the tackle? No.

Graham, Tonyan and Kumerow are the guys AL will be backing up. Basically big receiver in the slot.

Graham is easily the closest skill set on the roster. They call him a TE but he never lines up tight.

Adam's will be on the field if the ball is in the air. MVS will be oppo to take the lid off the coverage. Everyone else is a third receiver or TE1. Kumerow lines up here as well and he's not a TE either.

Don't get worked up about the name. When I say TE1 it's not a traditional TE.
Ya Graham tried to block Mack last night in pass protection. Funny to watch.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Right, he filled the TE4 spot. But he didn't play a single snap at TE in preseason or camp.

Hes a WR that will be utilized on the outside, if he plays. I have heard good things about his ability to block downfield and be physical, too.

I'm sure tonight will mainly be ST unless someone goes down with an injury.

Lazard was always a monster blocker downfield.

There were a ton of runs and screens in his era that went somewhere because of his blocking.

This is the best instance of that...

ISUUU.0.gif

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron