Morgantown Advice

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Another vote for Kegler's. Great wings, good sports bar atmosphere.

We had lunch there Friday before the 2013 game and watched Iowa/Nebraska. We were wearing ISU gear, and a couple of guys stopped to chat with us on their way out the door. They said "thanks for coming to Morgantown" and moved on.

When we got done, the waitress bought our check and said they'd paid for 2 pitchers of beer.

WVU fans are awesome.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Another vote for Kegler's. Great wings, good sports bar atmosphere.

We had lunch there Friday before the 2013 game and watched Iowa/Nebraska. We were wearing ISU gear, and a couple of guys stopped to chat with us on their way out the door. They said "thanks for coming to Morgantown" and moved on.

When we got done, the waitress bought our check and said they'd paid for 2 pitchers of beer.

WVU fans are awesome.
WV fans are great. They are definitely a lot like ISU fans. We had quite a few drinks bought for us the Friday night there and a tray of shots after the game.

Also, couldn't walk too far in the lots without being offered some 'shine. And it is good.

• Winner
Reactions: Al_4_State

cyclones122

Oct 3, 2009
Arlington, VA
Where do you suggest getting tickets for the game??

I got my tickets through the DC Chapter of the ISU Alumni Association. They have a contact in the WVU ticket office that allowed them to get tickets in the ISU section at face value ($58 per ticket I believe). We are in section 100. Did the same thing 2 years ago and it worked out great. Can't wait to watch a Cyclone win on Saturday surrounded by Cardinal and Gold!

• Optimistic
Reactions: EERwax

EERwax

Nov 27, 2013
Morgantown/Keyser, W. Va.
I got my tickets through the DC Chapter of the ISU Alumni Association. They have a contact in the WVU ticket office that allowed them to get tickets in the ISU section at face value ($58 per ticket I believe). We are in section 100. Did the same thing 2 years ago and it worked out great. Can't wait to watch a Cyclone win on Saturday surrounded by Cardinal and Gold!

I'm expecting a sizable away crowd.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
CoEQxETVYAAzXpX

Don Knotts statue at 371 High St :)

Reactions: sunedogsc

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Thinking about going. I work Friday, but might see if I can swing a red eye to Pittsburgh or something out of O'Hare and rent a car from there.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Texas was booted to the upper decks last weekend but I think that was because they give out ****** seats in Austin.
I've been to the ISU game in Morgantown twice and both times sat in section 100.

ICYNY

Jan 26, 2015
My wife and I are planning to come down to the game from Buffalo, NY and I'm looking at tickets. How are the seats in the corner in the visitor section?

I'm just trying to decide what's better; sitting in a section with a bunch of Cyclone fans with a not so good view or getting better tickets somewhere midfield but being surrounded by WVU fans.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
My wife and I are planning to come down to the game from Buffalo, NY and I'm looking at tickets. How are the seats in the corner in the visitor section?

I'm just trying to decide what's better; sitting in a section with a bunch of Cyclone fans with a not so good view or getting better tickets somewhere midfield but being surrounded by WVU fans.

It’s always fun to sit with ISU fans, but WVU fans are generally a pretty good group, so I doubt you’d be getting yelled at or assaulted if you sat amongst them. I sat in a group of them for basketball last year and they were all super nice (probably helps that they gave us an ass whooping from pretty much tip off).

EERwax

Nov 27, 2013
Morgantown/Keyser, W. Va.

milan_puskar_stadium2_9_9_17_by_dale_sparks_.jpg

Reactions: Jammin’

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Probably just what you personally prefer. Remember, they do sell beer in the stadium too.

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
I’m back in Iowa helping with harvest, but if it rains enough, we’re going to go. 3 or 4 of us.

We’re thinking it’s going to be a long/rough muddy harvest. Hopefully not.

Probably just buy tickets on site. Last Big 12 town to visit, looking forward to it!

sunedogsc

Nov 24, 2015
I'm not up on the trendy places, but there are two never changing cool places you shouldn't miss if you can make time:

1) Cooper's Rock State Forest. Go Friday or Sunday. It's about 20 minutes outside of town. The overlook is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. If you're physically able, take a hike along the "underlook." Boulders as big as houses and incredible views. Both of these are about 3 miles inside the forest. Follow the signs to the Overlook.

http://www.coopersrockstateforest.com/

2) Mario's Fishbowl -- An iconic little quirky bar. The place is very small and will be crowded, but ‘clones fans will be taken care of. Make sure you go to the Richwood Ave (original) location. They serve beer in giant heavy goblets called Fishbowls. The place is overfilled with history and memorabilia. Was there a couple of weeks ago and we played beer pong across the room from table to table with strangers.

http://www.mariosfishbowl.com/

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I'm not up on the trendy places, but there are two never changing cool places you shouldn't miss if you can make time:

1) Cooper's Rock State Forest. Go Friday or Sunday. It's about 20 minutes outside of town. The overlook is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. If you're physically able, take a hike along the "underlook." Boulders as big as houses and incredible views. Both of these are about 3 miles inside the forest. Follow the signs to the Overlook.

http://www.coopersrockstateforest.com/

2) Mario's Fishbowl -- An iconic little quirky bar. The place is very small and will be crowded, but ‘clones fans will be taken care of. Make sure you go to the Richwood Ave (original) location. They serve beer in giant heavy goblets called Fishbowls. The place is overfilled with history and memorabilia. Was there a couple of weeks ago and we played beer pong across the room from table to table with strangers.

http://www.mariosfishbowl.com/

Got any tips on parking? Like, non-lot parking, thats walking distance to the tailgating/stadium?

sunedogsc

Nov 24, 2015
Got any tips on parking? Like, non-lot parking, thats walking distance to the tailgating/stadium?

Sorry. No specifics because I’m always in the Blue Lot before 7 AM. But there are a ton of closed businesses and houses that are within a mile of the stadium that offer parking for $20 or $30.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron