Morgantown Advice

RLD4ISU

Sep 13, 2018
Otsego, MN
Sorry. No specifics because I’m always in the Blue Lot before 7 AM. But there are a ton of closed businesses and houses that are within a mile of the stadium that offer parking for $20 or $30.

Lots open at 7 am, right? How quickly do they fill up?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Got any tips on parking? Like, non-lot parking, thats walking distance to the tailgating/stadium?
Last time I went I parked here. It was $20 and reasonable walking distance and you can go right into the blue parking lot. The first time I went I just stayed at the Residence Inn so that was real simple.
Both times were over the Thanksgiving break so it was pretty easy to get in and out.

Skyline.jpg

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
My buddies and I are driving out to Morgantown for the game, any advice on what we need to do would be appreciated. Also stopping in Canton on the way out to go to the HOF.
Don't get lost in the backwoods country...by backwoods country I mean West Virginia. ;-)

sunedogsc

Nov 24, 2015
Lots open at 7 am, right? How quickly do they fill up?

You have to have a pass to get into the university owned lots (Blue, Light Blue, Green, etc.). So you can’t just show up and enter any of those. They all open at 7 AM. With a rainy (boo!) forecast and 4 pm kick-off, they will fill slowly this weekend. I don’t know much about the non-university owned lots.

RLD4ISU

Sep 13, 2018
Otsego, MN
You have to have a pass to get into the university owned lots (Blue, Light Blue, Green, etc.). So you can’t just show up and enter any of those. They all open at 7 AM. With a rainy (boo!) forecast and 4 pm kick-off, they will fill slowly this weekend. I don’t know much about the non-university owned lots.

Thanks! Our group bought passes to the green lot as soon as they went on sale. Good to know we don't have to be there exactly at 7 AM!

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

PAClone

Oct 25, 2014
It looks like the DC, Indy, and Cincy clubs are partnering with a nearby bar to do a meet up before the game. Check the comments here for additional info:

If you want to walk around the blue lot there are lots of friendly tailgaters, I think they open early, never had a problem with them not being open at previous games when were there.

There are a few of us from the Philly area coming in for the game. Does anyone know what bar the DC, Indy and Cincy clubs picked out?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I am really looking forward to heading out to WV tomorrow night, work all day and then drive all night is not the best situation in the world, but we have done it many times in the past, so we will be fine.

Go Cyclones