STAFF PICKS: Iowa State vs. TCU

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Very much a swing game for this boards moral. Win, and the hype train fires back up, and we look to the Oklahoma and Texas games as the biggest in years. Lose, and it's basically season over, just scrapping to get 6 wins.

The Oklahoma State game will be just as big if we're able to get three games we're favored in.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
This may be the tipping point for ISU for season outlook. We'll see if things have 'clicked' in parts of all 3 phases of the game and/or if there's been some shuffling or emergence of young players.

I don't like it if it comes down to a last posession for either side of the ball unless there's improvement.

• Agree
Reactions: clonedude

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Game day of Iowa and ULM, the forecast that morning was exactly the opposite of what it had been all week.

I’ll be checking in the morning. Cyclone win either way.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Very much a swing game for this boards moral. Win, and the hype train fires back up, and we look to the Oklahoma and Texas games as the biggest in years. Lose, and it's basically season over, just scrapping to get 6 wins.

Agree.... if there's a MUST win at all this season, this is it IMO.

If we start the Big 12 0-2 and still have to play OU, Texas, and @ Okie State..... we're in deep trouble. TCU will be a much easier game than any of those 3.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: CarolinaCy and 83cy

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Game day of Iowa and ULM, the forecast that morning was exactly the opposite of what it had been all week.

I’ll be checking in the morning. Cyclone win either way.

It looks like everything will be out of the area by noon or so. So worst case, it gets delayed a little bit.

Tailgating will be a mess though.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I like ISU 28-21. Just feel like the offense is due to have a good game in term of consistency. I also look for ISU to get 10 carries out of Kene for the first time this year.

Reactions: CapnCy

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I feel like this is a game we need one "star" to emerge (while others do as expected). Like a day a RB breaks a long one and gets hot, and is "in the zone"

Or even a guy on defense does the same.

If we do this, we win. If it's one possession type game, feel like like our crowd may not be into it and almost like last week TCU could get a W and get out of town.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
This team has yet to prove it. Eventually if you keep making mistakes, they define you rather than writing them off as bad luck or fluke plays.

• Agree
Reactions: IowaCityCyclone

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
What is the weekly-picks record of each writer this season? Just curious, not trying to determine who is 'best' and 'worst.'

Although I would like to know who is best and worst. ;)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron