****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I do not see why having a PG and a SG out of that class would have been a bad idea... after all, we tried to bring in two guards with McNeill and Wigginton.

The issue was not Wright versus LW, but McNeill instead of Wright. McNeill bailed, while Wright would still be an asset to the program if around at this point.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I do not see why having a PG and a SG out of that class would have been a bad idea... after all, we tried to bring in two guards with McNeill and Wigginton.

The issue was not Wright versus LW, but McNeill instead of Wright. McNeill bailed, while Wright would still be an asset to the program if around at this point.

Great point... I totally for got about McNeil (who himself had a high scoring freshmen year yet is already at SMU). .
Overall point is simply saying we should have taken Player X over Player Y in retrospect 2 years ago is a flawed premise. It is difficult to remember who ISU had recruited or had on roster at the time of a certain players commitment. Recruiting is fluid, always.

On to discussion about ISU next PG Walker and who could commit next....

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Great point... I totally for got about McNeil (who himself had a high scoring freshmen year yet is already at SMU). .
Overall point is simply saying we should have taken Player X over Player Y in retrospect 2 years ago is a flawed premise. It is difficult to remember who ISU had recruited or had on roster at the time of a certain players commitment. Recruiting is fluid, always.

On to discussion about ISU next PG Walker and who could commit next....
XF in November

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Nice meltdown happening up here in Gopherland after losing both Steven Crowl and Ben Carlson to Wisconsin within a 24 hour period.

Reactions: NWICY

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
It is surprising that being 3 hrs away by car, we can't land minny talent. But one school, more than any other, has crushed it in MN and that school is Wisconsin. The 24/7 article on Carlson mentioned that Wisky has signed 13 players from MN since 2003. Wow.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Walton is one of the few we are warm on for the 2020 cycle atleast on 247. I cant imagine us not going for a sit out player this cycle so it should be interesting if we just take one more HS player.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Walton is one of the few we are warm on for the 2020 cycle atleast on 247. I cant imagine us not going for a sit out player this cycle so it should be interesting if we just take one more HS player.
Imo we’ll take two more HS players this fall. A spot will always open as needed in the spring.

Of course Foster is at the top of the wishlist and would fill a need in the frontcourt. Walton is skyrocketing, but I’d love to get Grant-Foster.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Xavier has gone on 2 official visits and I've seen ZERO stories. I haven't looked but they usually surface by now. I know they are tight-lipped but there's usually something.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
Crystal balls for a top 150 center to Baylor (Loveday). I’d say that puts any XF to Baylor to rest. They would have 2 centers after this kid commits.