***Official Montgomery and Butler NFL Thread***

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Makes sense. He probably wasn't gonna get much PT this year and they couldn't risk putting him on the practice squad.

Sucks, though. If he's a project and needs the "redshirt year" then hanging around on the sidelines and the team facility isn't going to help him much. A player on season ending IR can't practice with the team even if they get healthy later in the season. I was hoping he'd at least hit the IR-Designated to Return list.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Sucks, though. If he's a project and needs the "redshirt year" then hanging around on the sidelines and the team facility isn't going to help him much. A player on season ending IR can't practice with the team even if they get healthy later in the season. I was hoping he'd at least hit the IR-Designated to Return list.
Hopefully he will work out a deal with Calvin Johnson to work with him during this season. He also might want to work with a psychologist on concentration because the drops of easy passes when he makes difficult catch after difficult catch has got to be mental. He can also know the Cardinals' offense inside and out by next season.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
My Montgomery jersey came just in time for season opener.

EDqeEvgXoAEAiW5

Last edited: