New Entrance Song

yez

Feb 17, 2010
Austin, Texas
I have been a musician for many years. And yeah I listen to some death metal, among many other things. Most rappers hire someone to write music for them, and this "music" is done by pushing some buttons on a computer. And a lot of them don't sing, they TALK or mumble into a microphone. To me that is not talent.

You may not like the vocals for death metal, but the music is great and requires talent.
100% agree with you, Demon! I'm going to DM you some new metal I've been listening to...

Reactions: demoncore1031

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I don't really care what they play during pre-game. Just the entrance song. That's when you want people getting jacked up with something loud - it almost has to be something in the arena rock genre. It really helps getting that right and getting people wound up, vs buzzkilling 60,000 people with something that doesn't work. E.g. Smoke on the Water.

People make "DO YOU FEEL AAAAALLLLLRIIIIIGHT" from the Mac era, and rightfully so, but it DID get people up and shouting. And no, I am not advocating a return to that lol

• Winner
Reactions: Cy4Lifer and cyowan

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
They should do Slipknot. Local band that turns it to 11.

If we're using a local artist, I vote for Grubby Ernie covering "Cyclone City" (original by, um, Total Passover, I think...) Lyrics NSFW.

Anything by Grubby would make this middle-aged man smile. The only other local band from that era that I can think of right now that could work - 35" Mudder "Full Scale War". Late 90s-early 00s were a good time in Ames for music (IMHO.)

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Listening to it again, I think it will work fine on the field, whether it's during warmups or accompanied with a video as entrance music.

• Agree
Reactions: CubsClones1

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I love the pregame festivities that hype the crowd up and I know that those types of things definitely hype up the team and get the juices flowing. If it were up to the players, they would most likely pick some sort of rap/hip-hop song, but the program does not want to alienate the crowd and play something that could be inappropriate or bleep out a bunch of lyrics that ruin the actual song.

My guess would be Welcome to the Jungle, Crazy Train, Hell's Bells, or something along those lines. If we do go the ACDC route, Iowa fans will 100% say we copied them, however I could really care less.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
While I don't enjoy the song, I'd hate to be the guy who has to tell this guy we aren't using it:

artworks-000360734193-hijtm0-t500x500.jpg

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
If we're using a local artist, I vote for Grubby Ernie covering "Cyclone City" (original by, um, Total Passover, I think...) Lyrics NSFW.

Anything by Grubby would make this middle-aged man smile. The only other local band from that era that I can think of right now that could work - 35" Mudder "Full Scale War". Late 90s-early 00s were a good time in Ames for music (IMHO.)

Full Scale War would be a great entrance song! The kids on the team would probably dig it since it has a little bit of a rap vibe but it also has good energy to it. At least two of the guys from the band are ISU alums.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
I have been a musician for many years. And yeah I listen to some death metal, among many other things. Most rappers hire someone to write music for them, and this "music" is done by pushing some buttons on a computer. And a lot of them don't sing, they TALK or mumble into a microphone. To me that is not talent.

You may not like the vocals for death metal, but the music is great and requires talent.

Some rap is very good. I like and listen to most genres. There is good and bad music with each. I am not a huge rap/hip hop fan but NWA, Eminem, Snoop has some very good stuff.

Land Shark

Apr 6, 2006
That’s uh not good

Hopefully it’s used for the intro video and not the walk out
This song is not good. Hopefully, only used for pregame warmups. 816 Boyz had a much better tune several years ago that got only pregame warmups play. This should be no different. No offense Will. We would not even be discussing this if Pollard was not friends with the guy. It is a forgettable tune. Nearing Bugle proportions of bad but not quite there

Just keep the same song (Skillet?) as last year until you find something conclusively better. Then go to Power as the team takes the field.

No idea why marketing cannot play same football walkout music two years in a row when they continually shove Jock Jams down our throats at Hilton for 25 years now. Just mind boggling.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
This song is not good. Hopefully, only used for pregame warmups. 816 Boyz had a much better tune several years ago that got only pregame warmups play. This should be no different. No offense Will. We would not even be discussing this if Pollard was not friends with the guy. It is a forgettable tune. Nearing Bugle proportions of bad but not quite there

Just keep the same song (Skillet?) as last year until you find something conclusively better. Then go to Power as the team takes the field.

No idea why marketing cannot play same football walkout music two years in a row when they continually shove Jock Jams down our throats at Hilton for 25 years now. Just mind boggling.
Including this song and Jake's latest release, the 816 Boyz/Tech N9ne is easily my least favorite.

Music, eh?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron